Dr. John J. Brennan

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John J. Brennan

Excellent bedside manner, made sure patient had a concise understanding.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Incredible doctor and technician. My recovery times were significantly quicker than fellow players with the same injuries(knee and rotator cuff). I have recommended him and others have gotten similar results. A great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

I knew I needed a total hip replacement. I was experiencing pain in my left hip, lower back, and left knee. I was not able to stand up straight, sit for long, nor stand for long. My quality of life was zero. I would go to work M-F and rest over the weekend. I was taking more than the recommended amount of Aleve just to get through the day. Dr. Brennan explained everything that I was experiencing, the procedure, and recovery. He put my fears to rest and I scheduled the surgery at my second visit. I previously had consultations with other orthopedists, but was not impressed. I am so happy I found Dr. Brennan! I am pain free, standing up straight for the first time in 5 years, and look forward to the future. Thank you Dr. Brennan!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

Dr Brennan is a truly wonderful Dr. He is very kind and very knowledgeable! My Dad who is 90 was in terrible and debilitating knee pain. After exhausting all suggestions that seemed to be available to him at age 90, Dr Brennan changed his life for the better. Dr Brennan found that my Dad was a good candidate for a Partial Knee Replacement. My father had wonderful results! He went from horrible, debilitating pain to zero pain. Through the whole process, I felt my Dad was in great great hands! His staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful! Dr Brennan is a real pleasure to deal with as is his wonderful staff. I honestly could not say enough good things about them!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

I have had a shoulder problem for three years that has kept me from getting a good night sleep the entire time. I saw doctor Brennan and he diagnosed me quickly. He recommended trying non surgical treatment first but it didn’t work. He fixed my shoulder and I’m one hundred percent. It’s so good to sleep again.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I would like to give the highest recommendation to Dr John Brennen. Dr Brennen replaced my hip at the end of November 2018. He is not a surgeon who rushes into surgery , but tries noninvasive measures before hand . His warmth , compassion and ability to listen to his patients , instilled in me total trust . Going into surgery, I felt safe and well cared for and that continued after surgery. Being able to relax and know everything is going to be ok, is invaluable. To have him listen and address all my concerns put me at ease. He gave me back my life and ability to walk. I am forever grateful . The care I have received is top notch . After the surgery , I found many people in my community that have had a hip , a shoulder or a knee replaced by Dr Brennen. Every single person I spoke with , had great things to say about him and how well their surgery went . Again, I highly recommend Dr Brennen ! Thank you !

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Dr. Brennan is extremely knowledgeable, experienced, and so, so kind. I am a very nervous patient and he put all my fears at ease, explaining things in a way I could understand and listening to all my questions. His knowledge and competence made me able to trust him, and his kindness made me feel like I mattered to him. I recommend him to anyone. There was a long wait to see him because there were so many patients in his office, but there is a reason for that. It's because he's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I went to Dr Brennan for a second opinion. I was told I needed shoulder surgery right away by another orthopedist. It turns out that I didn't need surgery at all. Itrust this doctor completely.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Absolutely awesome doctor and staff. Did not push surgery and left it up to me when I was ready. Double partials done in Mid May and am going back to work tomorrow 6/29. Spent all the time needed during every visit. Was treated with other methods for over a year before I decided to have the surgery. Would highly recommend to anyone with similar condition. Entire staff terrific as well.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Brennan did my total hip replacement. He is a skilled surgeon. He is friendly, down to earth and will spend as much time with you as you want. I could not be happier with my choice of surgeons. A great guy.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr. John J. Brennan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

John Brennan, MD, received his medical degree from SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn after attending college at St. Louis University. He then performed a surgical internship at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in Manhattan and followed with his orthopedic residency also at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center. During training, he completed rotations at Alfred I. DuPont Children’s Hospital in Delaware, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center as well as The Blackrock Clinic in Dublin, Ireland. Dr. Brennan is board certified in orthopedic surgery and is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Medical Society of the State of New York, Suffolk County Medical Society and the Irish-American Orthopedic Society. He also has an extra board certification in sports medicine from the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Brennan merged his practice with St. Charles Orthopedics after being in practice in Southampton since 1999. Dr. Brennan’s practice focuses on complete care of the shoulder, hip and knee with a particular emphasis on minimally invasive techniques. His philosophy is to avoid surgery if at all possible but when it is necessary, utilize the fastest, easiest recovery possibly. These techniques include arthroscopic shoulder and knee repairs including rotator cuff and labral tears in the shoulder and meniscus and ACL tears in the knee. When hip and knee replacements are needed, he uses the latest cutting edge technology with small incision techniques.

• Spanish