Dr. John J. Brennan

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John J. Brennan

Absolutely awesome doctor and staff. Did not push surgery and left it up to me when I was ready. Double partials done in Mid May and am going back to work tomorrow 6/29. Spent all the time needed during every visit. Was treated with other methods for over a year before I decided to have the surgery. Would highly recommend to anyone with similar condition. Entire staff terrific as well.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Brennan did my total hip replacement. He is a skilled surgeon. He is friendly, down to earth and will spend as much time with you as you want. I could not be happier with my choice of surgeons. A great guy.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I had arthritis in my knees and was ready to get full replacements I saw Doctor Brennan for a second opinion and he was able to do partial replacements. I'm only three weeks after surgery and feel great. I'm so glad a friend recommended him!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

overall excellent experience. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Dr Brennan was thorough and easy to talk to. He gave me all the information I needed so we could come up with a plan for my shoulder.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

extremely professional and helpful. Dr Brennan saved my shoulder after 4 years of agony!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

I have been to many doctors,especially orthopedists between myself anf my two sons. Dr Brennan is by far the most helpful. He never makes us feel rushed and has been all around extremely good. His surgery on my shoulder gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

Dr. Brennan is awesome!! I've been to 4 other doctors to treat ACL reconstruction and meniscus tears andI liked him the best. Before, during and after surgery he just couldn't have been nicer, and informative. I know he's a busy guy, but he never made me feel like I was taking too much of his time. He's a good man and I would strongly recommend him to anyone. He doesn't take all insurances though.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Very nice experience. I had to wait a couple of weeks to see the doctor but the office was helpful and the Doctor was excellent

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

I called the office for an appointment. Dr Brennan was booked up for 2 weeks but I was offered an appointment with PA Shelton right away which I took. I found him extremely helpful and knowlegable. I ended up having surgery by Dr Brennan who did a great job. I am very happy.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

overall, a very good experience. I didn't even see a PA. I only saw the doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr. John J. Brennan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

John Brennan, MD, received his medical degree from SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn after attending college at St. Louis University. He then performed a surgical internship at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in Manhattan and followed with his orthopedic residency also at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center. During training, he completed rotations at Alfred I. DuPont Children’s Hospital in Delaware, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center as well as The Blackrock Clinic in Dublin, Ireland. Dr. Brennan is board certified in orthopedic surgery and is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Medical Society of the State of New York, Suffolk County Medical Society and the Irish-American Orthopedic Society. He also has an extra board certification in sports medicine from the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Brennan merged his practice with St. Charles Orthopedics after being in practice in Southampton since 1999. Dr. Brennan’s practice focuses on complete care of the shoulder, hip and knee with a particular emphasis on minimally invasive techniques. His philosophy is to avoid surgery if at all possible but when it is necessary, utilize the fastest, easiest recovery possibly. These techniques include arthroscopic shoulder and knee repairs including rotator cuff and labral tears in the shoulder and meniscus and ACL tears in the knee. When hip and knee replacements are needed, he uses the latest cutting edge technology with small incision techniques.

• Spanish