Ratings for Dr. Andrew B. Weiss

The doctor is extremely rude. I waited for a long time inside the treating-room. When his assistant finally called me, I had to hobble to the doctor's office on a badly twisted ankle where he filled in the paperwork. He inquired about my occupation and when I told him I'm a stay-home mom of three children, he gave an offensive comment, "Unemployed... you don't earn any money." When I explained to him how I twisted my ankle (which took less than 10 seconds), he responded with, "Just tell me why you are here - twisted ankle." Then, he sent me hobbling back to the treating-room and ordered me to take off my shoes & socks and roll up my pant-legs. When I pulled them up instead, he said impatiently, "Roll, roll!" That's when I confronted him of being rude. He started mumbling something like "I am not paid to be nice... why does every patient I see today have a problem with me?" I had enough and urged him to "just get on with it". See him in 2 weeks? No thanks.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

Referred me to another office because he "had not seen my condition in his 30yrs of practice". In answer to the question of whether I could go to someone else closer to me his response was "Absolutely not." Prescribed an opiate with possible addictive side effects. Talking without being asked apparently is a big no-no, he'll tell you to wait. Could go on, but will simply rate it as an uncomfortable situation overall.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2006

waited forever and when I finally saw the Doctor I was given a fast examination. He told me what he thought was wrong and told me he would refer me to another Doctor as he did'nt practice orthoscopic surgery. What Orthopedist does not practice orthoscopic surgery?

flag | Submitted February 20, 2006

Dr. Andrew B. Weiss's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1965)