Ratings for Dr. Laura A. King

Please be reminded that cosmetic procedures are subjective, expensive, and done at the patients risk. I was told the outcome would be good. When I had a problem with treatment received, Dr. King skillfully dodged the issue in her favor. I was the loser and she was the winner. After all, it is her office and she clearly is a successful doctor. The staff is good but they are under direction to remember that money is the bottom line.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

This office is all about the money. The service is rushed, after a long wait. I have been a patient there for several years, yet every time I call for a refill of a prescription or have a question, they make me schedule an appointment (and pay more money) before they will help. The law says once yearly visits are sufficient, but they make me come in every few months if I want to stay on my medication. I am changing to a new office this week.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I went to see her to get some moles checked out. She spent about 3 minutes with me. I had some moles that I felt needed to be biopsied (def. irregular), but she just took some pictures and told me to come back in a few months to check on them. I would have preferred that she had taken some samples and given me some answers. As far as her bedside manner, not good at all. She doesn't smile, isn't friendly and acts like she's confused as to why you're in her office. She and her staff were constantly opening the door to go in and out of my exam even though I was basically naked. One of her nurses was so completely incompetent. She poked her head into my exam, while I was only wearing underwear and a smock, and just stood there. The Dr. had to tell her twice that she would be out in a minute. I won't be following up with her.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Dr. King is the best......I have never had a problem with her knowledge or treatment.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Ifound Dr. King to be very helpful with my long term problem of a rash. She did some skin testing and we discovered what I was alergic to. Finally, after years of suffering, I'm cured.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Simply horrid. I saw her last year for possible skin cancer, which she couldn't have cared less about because she only looked for a second. Thankfully I moved in November and just happened to get a second opinion here in NorCal: basal cell carcinoma, aka SKIN CANCER!! Who knew I was better qualified to diagnose it than a dermatologist? Granted, it has been about 60 years since she was in med school (yeah, I also diagnosed her Botox). UNLESS YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE WILL TO LIVE, STAY AWAY FROM HER!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

Went in for a mole check - she didn''t even have me get up on the examining table - just sat in the chair were I had been waiting for her. She didn''t even look at the back of my legs. She spent the entire visit - about 5 mins. tops telling me about her family and how she had spent the previous weekend - I''d never met her before - and if it''s up to me I''ll never see her again.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2008

Wow, talk about a quack. She knows nothing about human relations, let alone skin. I complained to her SEVERAL times that I had enormous ingrown hairs in my cheeks and she laughed in my face and said I just needed to outgrow my acne (her constant logic was that at age 20 it magically disappears! That notion is about as fanciful as the pink and gold baroque furniture she has in her office). She doublebooks appointments to make more money, and she is ALWAYS running late, which is a wonder given that she only spends 3.67 minutes per patient. After that, she sends in her nurses to give you a placebo panacea called "The Slush," otherwise known as dry ice, to make you feel accomplished in your visit as you walk out the door with (literally) rosy cheeks. SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME, EFFORT, AND MONEY. Go find another dermatologist who can prescribe the SAME two medications they all use (Differin and Benzaclin) or one who can actually diagnose the problem correctly.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2006

wasn't impressed

flag | Submitted March 29, 2006

There is no physician in the world less concerned or uncaring than Dr Laura King. If she spends 3 minutes with you, you can count yourself as lucky. If she so much as glances at your skin, it is a miracle. Too bad it took my family and me 15 years to finally realize it is time to find another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2006

Dr. Laura A. King's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

• Alberta Blue Cross