Ratings for Dr. Philip Marcus

Perhaps he has knowledge....but his arrogant exterior is an immediate let down...I was told to see him from a friend....I will stay away from her and Marcus....find another pulmo man...he needs to learn how to treat people....the other drs in his practice are no better

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

I was expecting Dr. Marcus to be rude based on some of the comments below but I was really pleasantly surprised. Very knowledgeable, funny and kind. Really do recommend. The staff and nurses were very friendly, and I am not paid to post this or anything, they really were wonderful. The Massapequa office is really great, I can't speak for Great Neck but I was treated with care and noticed a lot of the other patients, both elderly and young, were treated with kindness and patience. A+

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Marcus for over 15yrs, as well as having had the occasional visit with other doctors in his practice (in the hospital and in emergencies when Dr Marcus was not in). His staff is without question the BEST I have ever encountered. I have severe asthma that has been at best difficult to control and I won't go to anyone but Dr Marcus. For those on here who said he lacks compassion or bedside manner..perhaps you haven't gotten to know him as well as I have...Dr Marcus & his staff are all very compassionate and caring. I can't tell you how very rare it is to find all of those qualities in a Doctor. As for any wait time which is VERY RARE, it is a pulmonary practice, perhaps there was an emergent patient having difficulty breathing, if it were you, wouldn't you want immediate help, even if it meant the doctor would have to disrupt his flow of patients? I have and continue to tell anyone who needs a pulmonary doctor to use Dr Marcus and any doctor in his practice.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

My son (3) was referred to this Dr after his pnuemonia cleared for possible asthma noticed on a chest xray. The wait was incredibly long, especially for a child, but once we got in he worked well with my son. He took his time for the most part with him, and in the end ruled out asthma but agreed to check up on him in a yr/next severe sickness. He really is a very intelligent man and knows his thing. He took his time to talk to my son and he complimented him on how well behaved he was. He's a very busy Dr. to say the least, and it really is no wonder he "rushes" his patients right along. Dr Marcus seems very reliable, dependable, and trustworthy. He definitely put my heart at ease with my child, and I would bring my son back there time and time again.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

not a caring doctor and can not wait to get you out of the office. I would not recommend him i feel that he is very knowledable and someone like him should have some compassion and should have a better bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2008

iT IS AMAZING THAT HE IS IN THE 2007 BEST DOCTORS LIST. THAT LIST IS NOW SOMETHING TO STAY AWAY FROM.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2007

HE IS THE RESULT OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FORGET TO BE HUMBLE AND CARING. THE REST OF THOSE IN THE PRACTICE HAVE THE SAME PERSONALITIES. WATCH THE FILM T"THE DOCTOR WITH WILLIAM HURT"........THEN PERHAPS YOU WILL REMEMBER TO BE COMPASSIONATE. IN ADDITION HE WAS UNABLE TO HELP ME WITH MY ILLNESS. RECOMMENDED POOR SPECIALISTS

flag | Submitted July 2, 2007

Dr Marcus needs to attend bedside manner classes. A doctor with his years of experience should be as concerned with his patients emotions and concerns rather than the amount of lectures he gives. In my case he misdiagnosed me and after a procedure, he administered, I became more ill. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007

I have been using this Dr for over 10 years. I would highly reccommend him! He helped me tremendously with getting my asthma symptoms under control.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2005

I wasn't too happy with this doctor. He was no help for my two asthmatic children. Sent me home with cough medication.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2004