Ratings for Dr. John Loucopoulos

Had the same poor experience as 1/31/14 reviewer. Been wearing RGP contacts for 26 years. Pearle Vision website says he's an expert in contact lenses, but he couldn't get the Rx or fit right the 1st or 2nd time. That has never happened to me in 26 years or 5 doctors. Each doctor has correctly fit and prescribed in one exam and I've received new lenses within 3 days. I don't believe he knows what he's doing, and now I feel concerned I ought to go to another eye doctor to get a 2nd opinion and another set of lenses, even though I just had an exam.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

The doctor gave me some very helpful advice about my dry eyes. Best eye doctor I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

This is the most frustrating experience I have ever had with an eye doctor and I have been wearing glasses/contacts since I was 13 years old. He could not seem to get my prescription right after more than one visit and I had to resort to wearing my old prescription glasses because they were better than what he prescribed. I also got the feeling that he had personal interest in recommending a particular brand of eye care products.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

This guy is a joke! Had to get a second and third opinion from two other doctors after his diagnosis had me almost spending $1000.00 on eye wear and visits alone. I know people need to make a living, but give me a break! How do you justify giving prescriptions to someone who has always had perfect vision and then suddenly has to spend that kind of money on glasses for the first time. It doesn't make sense. I'm sure other people have had better experiences with Dr. Loucopoulos but I will not be going back. I can't afford to!!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

My husband and older daughter had excellent experiences with Dr. Loucopoulos and his staff, but I didn't meet him until I brought my youngest daughter in for a second opinion. Her old doctor never explained things very well and my daughter was very disappointed that after her last visit she was told she still could not get contact lenses. So I brought her to Dr. Loucopoulos for a second opinion. I had originally come in just to pick up contacts for my older daughter, yet he went out of his way to meet me and listened as I explained the various issues with my younger daughter's vision. I had no appointment, but I didn't feel rushed and he answered my questions thoroughly. When I brought my daughter in a few days later, he was able to prescribe contact lenses for her and she's been happily wearing them for several days now with no problems at all. She is overjoyed and so am I. I highly recommend Dr. Loucopoulos and the very friendly, helpful staff at Pearle Vision.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Do not go to this "doctor"......a doctor is someone who is supposed to have YOUR best interests in mind, not HIS......and his behavior crossed the line but he is very good at turning the tables and making it out to be YOUR misunderstanding......is a master at insulting a person's intelligence!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

If $133 for a ten-minute "comprehensive medical exam" strikes you as an appropriate charge, you will find this a cheerful and friendly place.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012

Dr. Loucopoulos is awesome! He took the time to get to know my history and was very knowledgable about the different issues I have had due to medical complications. He was very kind and did a great job breaking things down for me so I could understand. So glad I found such a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011