Ratings for Dr. J. Gerald Meagher

the kindest caring knowledgeable old school dr like no other

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

This is a doctor who has delivered ~ 7,500 babies and has maintained an excellent rating for 50+years including thousands of families. He has delivered all four of my children. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Meagher, Greatest experience plus caring, kind, attentive and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I owe this man my life. I love this doctor...he has looked after me since I was 20 yrs old [I am now 62] He has always put my welfare above all else at times when others would look the other way...he has been an angel in my life.I cannot thank him enough.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I love Dr. Meagher and the entire staff. This is my 7th year with him and he always makes me feel comfortable. He delivered my last child and it was the most peaceful birth ever. He is so sweet and kind as are the ladies that work with him.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I have never met a more caring doctor in my life. a friend of mine that had no gyn found a lump in her breast. I asked the dr's staff to call me friend and Dr Meagher called her within the hour and had her to his office immed. he said it was a tumor and immed picked up the phone and called a breast surgeon. he has followed thru every step of the way for a patient he'd never met before and was very kind and and knowledgeable. Young doctors should all spend a week w/ this man!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

Dr. Meagher has been practicing probably since I was a twinkle in my mother's eyes and his laid back advices seem great and puts you at ease until you realize that it is so old and antiquated and out of touch with modern medicine. He delivered my first child and nearly killed me, forcing me to push for 9 hours and finally yanking the baby out at 3 am leaving huge forceps marks on the baby's head. Never considered C-section and did not advised me with anesthetics or any concerns. He felt comfortable checking in every hour or hour and a half to see no progress for 8 hours, then decided to just pull out the baby. Huge hemorrhaging, and sleepless nights despite completely drugging me to knock me out. Many nights of blood transfusions and checking for proper blood level every few hours left me countless holes on both of my arms, leaving no place to poke any more. Poor advice after birth has marred my relationship with my husband seriously. Needless to say, I pity his patients now!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

Most amazing doctor. Knowledgable, personable, patient, kind. Great great doctor. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Dr. J. Gerald Meagher's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1955)

Harvard-Pilgrim