Ratings for Dr. Michael Singsaas

I saw this doctor for my bladder. He ended up inserted a catheter into my urethra into my bladder (the most painful procedure I've EVER had done). He was not gently nor did he tell me what he was doing when he was doing it. It hurt so bad that I nearly jumped off the back side of the table. I was in so much pain that night after the procedure and the next day I was so ill. Ended up in the ER after work and had a horrible bladder infection which was from the catheter. Possible sterilization is questionable. Didn't care for this doctor one bit and I will definitely be going south to U of W or Virginia Mason to see why I have blood in my urine as he said. All he wanted to do is put me on medication which I DO NOT think a pill is the answer to a medical problem. There are more alternative routes.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Another very good doctor. I went in for some out patient surgery. He was very kind, professional, and a great person to be with. The surgery lasted for about an hour, and both the doctor and staff answered all of my questions.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I have had two surgeries with him, and while nice enough, he is definitely 'old school'. Had I not been so ill and in pain, I would have headed for Seattle and had the current, less invasive procedure that he was apparently not familiar with. The result: a much longer recovery time, and a 6" scar that should have been 2".

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Very personable and easy to deal with. Friendly staff. Answered all of my questions. Did a great job compared to previous big office DR in lower 48. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

This is the only urologist in Juneau, but I would recommend going out of town for any related surgery.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2006

Dr. Michael Singsaas's Credentials

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1970)