Ratings for Dr. Omar Sarmini

Dr. Sarmini is the best! He takes his job and his patient's health very seriously. He did my c section last year and everything was perfect. I'm due again in December and I wouldn't choose anyone else to be my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Worst doctor ever. My wife went in, he immediately identified it as a bacterial infection, then instead of prescribing something, he completely goes overboard on invasive, decides a biopsy is needed, disregarded my wife's inquiries 5 times about the type of bacteria and proceeded to take a sample of her cervix. Good doctors try the least invasive first and then go further. Not this idiot. He gives her cream and says the lbresults and other test won't be done for 5-7 business days. She's now in more pain and discomfort than ever before, even after difficult childbirths. Condescending and disrespectful of your concerns and opinions. We will never go back. He treats women like they don't know anything.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

It has been many years but surprised he is still practicing. He is a nightmare !!!! When I had a c-section he cut the nurse I have as jagged scar from hip to hip. After surgery I was medicated and told to sign paper for lab test for the baby, later I was told by family the papers were because the nurse was bleeding into my stomach and test were needed. C-section was at 10p next morning he came into room and asked family to leave, I told him they were staying as we had questions, he left and said he would be right back. Never saw him again. I was then discharged by 9am. (Less than 24 hours after c-section) I had staples that had to be removed and went to office because hospital would not remove. A nurse came in said she was going to remove and he would be in....he never showed his face. I never received a bill from anyone including hospital. When I found a new Dr he requested records and he was shocked. Notes indicated I had a boy she was a healthy girl. It was my first pregnancy and when I was pregnant 3 years later I found that he did not provide proper care or any of the test I should have had. I heard other horror stories shortly after my experience then he seemed to disappear I assumed he was no longer practicing. I would not recommend and I would encourage you to find someone else. Based on the terrible stories posted I would believe every bad review and avoid him. I only rated staff and punctuality because it was required in order to share his lack of knowledge and lack of helpfulness. I can validate my claim with the jagged scar.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr Sarmini dose know what he's doing as far as a C-section or labor but he has NO BEDSIDE MANNER I was 19 and Pregnant with my first child he did not show any genuine excitement he was really short with me and was always 45 min late

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

I had a bladder repair surgery by a different gynecologist 2 years ago that made my leakage worst. Different doctors have tried me on meds that did not work, when I visited Dr Sarmini initially, he took the time to explain in details my problems & the different options available for me. After 10 weeks of very successful therapy in his office, my symptoms have completely gone. Throughout this experience Dr Sarmini & his staff have been great, compassionate, responsive & very professional. I would highly recommend him & his office

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I saw him in the late 80s for an abnormal Pap smear. He's very cancer phobic and sees a woman's body as something dirty. He can probably leave a nice, clean surgical scar, but he cannot treat illness with symptoms. He told me in all serious, "I am not comfortable discussing the face." He wrote a letter to my insurance company that there were three separate cervical biopsies, but sent me a copy of the report that there were only two biopsies. Apparently, he had been charging everyone for three biopsies even if there were only one, two, or three lesions, which is apparently the amount they usually see.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

I would never recommend anyone to Dr. Sarmini. He was my doctor for my first daughter and was always very rude. I had an emergency appt with him due to severe cramping and pressure and he told me I had nothing to worry about. The next day I went to the ER and was in premature labor. My daughter was breech when I was 38 wks so instead of trying to turn her, he forced me to have a c section. 6 months later im pregnant again and he asked how many hpt's did I take, when I said three he said wow, are you denial? I said no and he laughed and said I think otherwise. Dr sarmini is very cruel. He does nothing to make sure your pregnancy is healthy. I will NEVER go to him again nor will I refer him to anyone I know

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Disappointed in service. Was told by a co-worker how wonderful his bed side manors are, so I decided to make an appointment. Everytime I go he and one of his staff has made in-sensitive comments about my situation. I will be changing my doctors very soon.I do not enjoy this process, but word of mouth had been the route previously taken.In this case, I should have just chosen out of my healthplan book. I Jokingly Told my co-worker that ,"mayabe he likes you."

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

I have had NO good experience from Dr. Sarmini. I'm 19 years old and pregnant with my first child. His very first question to me after running two weeks worth of tests: "Was this a planned pregnancy?" and being only 19 my response was "no." He followed by LYING to me saying my HCG levels were flat lined, I was having a misscarriage, and needed to schedule a D&C. Not 24 hours later I got a second opinion and everything in my pregnancy is normal. Baby and I are perfectly healthy. My HCG levels were doubling just as they were supposed to and the ultrasound suggested I was only 4 weeks and 4 days, where Dr. Sarmini insisted I was 9 weeks. I wouldnt recomned him to anyone.!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2010

What should have been the best day of my life, was a total nightmare. Due to having no pain medication after my c-section I was in horrible, agonizing pain for 5.5 hrs after the surgery. There was no response from the office about getting meds ordered for me and I was finally given pain meds only after the new on call doctor ordered them for me. It took me 2 days to catch up and get the pain under control. Breastfeeding was something I really wanted to do and I was not able to do that. I couldnt even hold my baby much less breastfeed. If you do use this doctor make sure you know ahead of time exactly what meds you will be getting and when.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

Dr. Omar Sarmini's Credentials

• Univ Of Damascus, Fac Of Med, Damascus, Syria (Grad. 1977)

Commercial Insurance Company