Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Izor

I had DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation) surgery for both sides of my brain, for essential tremor. It was 100% effective. Dr. Izor was in the operating room during the procedure, testing me to make sure the electrodes were in exactly the right place. Over the eleven months since the operation Dr Izor and his well-trained staff have continually adjusted the device so that I am able to write, paint, do carpentry work, cast a fishing lure, and carry on most of the activities I could when I was younger (I am 73). In short, I got my life back. In addition, Dr. Izor counsels me about how to keep my brain healthy and delay cognitive decline. So I think Dr. Izor and his staff are an eleven out of ten.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Seems to be experienced and pushes the treatment bubble. I am a new patient and I like the flexibility I am given with the DBS control

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Izor's for almost 9 years. His staff was always great. No doubt that he is brilliant and knows his field. He recommended that I have DBS surgery done and I did. For 4 years I went to DBS programming sessions and saw 5 to 6 of his assistants who all approached the programming differently. We started at square with each assistant, many not reading what had not worked in the past, etc. In the end, and as PD started to progress and the programming started to not be as effective, he gave up on working with me. When the going got tough, he bailed out and said, "it won't hurt my feelings if you want to seek advice from another doctor". Shame on you Dr. Izor.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Dre. Izor and his staff are trained and efficient. They are friendly and efficient. I absolutely love everytone on Dr. Izor's staff.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

I did not feel certain that Dr Izor cared about me as a patient. He gave me such a confusing list of meds to take and the followup was poor. I never knew which were side effects or what since Parkinson's is such a cofusing disease. I would be sent to his associate ( non MD ) who really couln't adequately handle the situation. Dr Izor said that he was too busy to see me regularly so I figured that I needed to find someone who did have the time and interest to follow me adequately.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

Judging by other patient reviews I can tell that my complaints about this doctor are not far off the mark. He is young, cocky, totally lacks bedside manners, recommends a list of uncovered treatments such as botox injections for minor neck pain. I am no specialist, but it sounds to me like a tylenol might be in order. Well, he and his office staff are probably the biggest pain in the neck after all. Main complaint is that it is extremely hard to get in touch with anybody at the office to confirm an appointment, reschedule or get anything done in general. When I finally do get in touch with someone, and voice my concerns about their limited availability, I get an attitude. I was referred to this doctor by a previous neurologist, Dr. Edward Fox. This man was very nice, seemed to care, and was very happy with everybody in his office. I would recommend him 100 times over Dr Izor. And I am still waiting to hear from his office staff regarding an appointment reschedule...

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I am a nurse who specializes in Parkinson's Patients. I refer anyone with this disease to Dr. Izor because I have worked in this field for many years and have had patients who went to other doctors and they did not do as well as Dr. Izor's patients do. I strongly recommend Dr. Izor and his staff to anyone who suffers from Parkinson's Disease!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Dr. Izor and his staff are great. I found them very helpful.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Dr.Izor was highly recommended and my husband and I have been extremly happy with our choice. He is most always on time, is considerate, helpful,caring, a good listener and has a good sense of humor. And thanks to Dr. Izor and his staff, my Parkinsons has much improved .

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Robert M. Izor's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1999)