Ratings for Dr. Alan T. Slepian

OUTSTANDING SURGEON AND STAFF! If you're operated on by Dr. Slepian, count yourself supremely fortunate! His skill is extraordinary. My husband's incision from hernia surgery was 3" long, yet there's practically no scar visible! Dr. Slepian's bedside manner is excellent, and you never feel rushed. The doctor is communicative, compassionate, and polite. His medical staff is likewise super - welcoming, efficient, and kind. Each of them is an angel. Throughout the course of my husband's care, they expedited form completion, presurgical testing, and relaying information to the hospital and his PCP. We are so grateful to the entire medical team for all their assistance. My husband couldn't be happier with the outcome. In his words, "Dr. Slepian and his staff gave me my life back!" Thank You, All! Arlene and Tommy Ramos

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Excellent and Professional service by Doctor and all Office Staff

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I had to have my Gall Bladder removed and Dr. Slepian was my Surgeon. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that all would be okay. He helped to put all my fears to rest and I was very confident to let him perform the surgery. He was professional and caring. I would recommend him to anyone. He explained the entire process of the surgery and he also informed me that he had performed this particular surgery many, many times. He is the best!!!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

After performing life-saving surgery on my 86 year old mother in November 2016, Dr. Slepian guided her through an amazing and complete recovery by mid-December. Our family was highly impressed with his skill, vitality, friendliness, and accessibility. Both Dr. Slepian and his staff were, at every step, devoted to providing calming and comprehensive care. Best doctor I've ever met. Thank you so much to the entire crew!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I am a 52yr old male, and a Registered Nurse of over 23yrs, 11 yrs of which I worked in an ICU.. Seven weeks ago I woke up and suddenly started experiencing intense abdominal pain. My wife rushed me to the ER where I was diagnosed with a perforated bowel, requiring emergency exploratory surgery. Dr. A. Slepian arrived to perform the surgery. He immediately put me at ease despite my pain and fear, and explained all options and possibilities of what I might be dealing with after surgery, ie, colostomy bag, etc.. Perforated bowel leads to severe infection post op, nearly impossible to avoid. Dr. Slepian saved my life, performed and repaired my gangrenous appendix avoiding the need for a colostomy bag, and avoiding severe infection. He was the first face I saw in the recovery room when I woke up, and he explained the whole operation and results to me. Twenty three yrs as a Nurse and I never saw a surgeon wait around for a patient to wake up. Dr. Slepian visted me bedside every day during my two week hospital stay, being pro active and bringing in specialist like Inectious Disease Dr. to avoid any infection that might arise. After discharge, seeing Dr. Slepian in his office, I found not only him, but his whole team to be courteous, friendly, and incredibly helpful, helping me navigate the Family Medical Leave Act, (FMLA), making sure my entire paycheck was deposited in my checking account every pay period. Thanks to Dr. Slepian and his team I am now back on my feet, feel great, and am returning to work in four days. He and his team made a very difficult and scary time much easier to deal with. I cant thank him or his team enough. Simply said, he saved my life. My wife still has her husband, and my three sons still have their dad. I am beyond grateful!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr.Slepian not only saved my life in the emergency room ,but his post opp.care has made me appreciate my life again ,He took the time to talk to me and encourage me to quit unhealthy habits . i highly reccomend dr.Slepian if you need a caring competent GREAT Surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr. Slepian is an excellent surgeon who performed emergency surgery on me. My recovery has been amazing because of his skills, compassion and approach; he cares!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Dr. Slepian is a kind and caring doctor. I had an appendectomy done due to a burst appendix. Dr. Slepian was patient and spoke to me in a very understanding and caring manner. He called my husband before I went into surgery to explain everything that was happening. That meant so much to me! I would like to thank him and his kind staff for taking such great care of me. I would highly recommend Dr. Slepian as a surgeon!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I am not one to write reviews... but, Dr. Slepian deserves some thanks. I have been in and out of his office several times. His staff is awesome, they are great with reminders, and they are flexible working with me and my hours. Dr. Slepian performed two medical procedures on me (in office and in hospital). He was a skilled professional and I feel great now post surgery. He helped eliminate all fears I had, he helped describe all my options, he is easy to talk to - and most importantly his passion for his job shows not only through his successful work but through his happy outgoing professional demeanor. I would recommend him over anybody.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Had a malpractice that let me to end up in the E-room. Dr Slepian perform a colonoscopy on me to save my life. From the time I enter the emergency room to the post surgery, he has not only been an exceptional practitioner but also an amazing human being. He truly cared about my recovery and was with me throughout the whole process. During my colonoscopy reversal I experience the same treatment, kindness and caring from him. I have been seen by many Doctors because of many illnesses I have, but never met someone as dedicated with his patients as him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Alan T. Slepian's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1986)