Ratings for Dr. James M. Hull

I've only been to see Dr. Hull once. I was there to establish care and get a wellness exam. Everything was fairly routine until I got a bill for $154. Wellness exams are supposed to be free as part of my insurance coverage. However, he billed me for a sick visit because of my acid reflux. We talked about this condition as part of my medical history for about 2 minutes of the hour that I was there. I was not having any problems at all with my acid reflux on that day. I've tried many times to try and a speak with him about this. He will not return my calls. He will not change the billing code. So, I'm out $154 and I get to pay a higher health insurance premium because there's no history of a wellness exam on my record. Dr. Hull seems very knowledgable, but I do not trust him to handle my billing properly.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

"So, what's your problem this time?" If that's how you like your doctor, then this guys is for you. Unfriendly combined with unhelpful - stay away.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Dr Hull is a wonderful doctor & I recommend him to all my friends & family. I have been going to him for many years and have no complaints.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

While Dr. Hull is nice and fairly professional, he was terrible at treating my migraines. I went to him for years and he never suggested taking triptan medicines that actually stop the migraine, instead of just pain medication that only dulls the pain. Finally I ended up in the ER, where a doctor told me about drugs like Imitrex, and seemed surprised that a doctor who practices internal medicine wouldn't have told me about it. He seemed clueless when I explained how these medicines work.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

I saw this Doc for many years. The first time he was rude to me I blew it off as a bad day. The second time I thought, No Way Dude! Walked out of there and thought I am never going back here and I didn't. He is an intelligent Doc who is burned out-my impression.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Hull is always busy (aren't they all?) but he will take time to answer questions. I've never had to see him for anything but fairly routine complaints--a really bad cold a few times--but he seems competent. Doesn't try every new medication that comes along. I feel good about going to him. Since I haven't tried out many doctors--three in about adult 40 years--I don't have many others to compare him to, but I'd rate him highly.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

Dr. James M. Hull's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1981)