Ratings for Dr. Edith A. Mcfadden

When I saw "Dr." Mcfadden, I was 21 years old and 170 lbs. I'm a bodybuilding male that had an 11% body fat percentage and went to see her regarding post-nasal drip. After an endoscopy, she proceeded to calculate my BMI before telling me I was obese and that was the problem that had ailed me for so many years. No expert worth their salt would use the BMI as an accurate diagnosis of weight, ESPECIALLY for a male, ESPECIALLY for a muscular male. After figuring out she was in fact serious, I had to begin to teach her about why the BMI should never be the sole corroborator of diagnosis for ANY male. She rolled her eyes, and instead replied, "Well you could still stand to lose a few pounds." I looked at her, puzzled. It was clear I barely had any discernible fat on me. Rude, misinformed, and does not think outside of the box. Its a shame that we get such poor quality out of some of our doctors nowadays. I know people with a bachelor's that could more accurately diagnose me...

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Dr. Edith A. Mcfadden's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)