Ratings for Dr. Ben S. Zivney

Im a transplant from TN and this doctors bed side mannerism needs a bit adjusting. Dr. Zivney comes off as very rude.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

This man is rude and unprofessional. He doesn't care about your concerns and will talk down to you. I went to him when I found out I was pregnant and he basically told me that he had no respect for young (I was 24) and unwed mothers. I explained that my life choices were none of his business and he recommended I find a new Dr, which I did. This man is arrogant and down right ugly. Please do not go to him if you don't want to be judged and treated like trash. This man is a jerk and I have no idea how he still had patients.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

This is the rudest and most condescending doctor I have ever been to. Completely crossed the line and so unprofessional, told me that he was surprised I wasn't diabetic or had high blood pressure because I was over weight. I will never again go back to this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

my wife had a few month long experience being seen by this doctor. He could not diagnose what later turned out to be a fairly trivial problem, instead he apparently chose to question her mental condition. He went as far as meeting with me to lecture me about the root cause of my wife's "problems". I will refrain from describing my thoughts on that lecture as the wording would not be appropriate for this forum. Needless to say that after switching to a well qualified doctor, my wife's condition was correctly diagnosed in a matter of minutes, treated and successfully resolved. My wife's experience with the doctor we switched to has been great, she delivered our kids, has been there every step through the pregnancy providing excellent care. It is true that 95% of what an OB/GYN does is seeing the same 10 conditions they see every day and any doctor will be able to deal with those. But one day you may have something serious and you don't want to take a gamble with someone who is not a good diagnostician. Based on our experience and some other comments about Dr. Zivney, he is just not a very good doctor. Don't put your physical and mental health in jeopardy by being treated by this gentleman, find a better doctor instead.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

This is the rudest and most condescending doctor I have ever been to. Completely crossed the line and so childish and unprofessional when asked standard questions about how he did his c-sections. I went to him as I was trying to find a local Gyno and needed help getting pregnant with second child. I actually wanted to see other doctor in firm but he was busy so settled with Zivney. He was fine and there were no issues until I became pregnant and he was my OB. I stayed with him way too long and should have left when I saw the first red flag! He was alway short and never liked answering questions. He always seemed to rush me out and acted like he was in a hurry. Every time I asked about the c-section and how he did the procedure (since it was my second child I had something to compare to and had a previous c-section) he would say we would discuss it later. He also got on to my 3 year old child at one of the appointments and was pretty out of line but I let it go. Finally at my 32 week apt I asked him again about how he did his c-section, sutures vs staples and he literally told me that wasn't my concern, that he makes that decision and I need to not tell him how to do his job. He then proceeded to tell me he wasn't discussing it with me and "getting into it with me". The conversation escalated on his account to the point where I walked out on him as he mocked me while I left the room. He was so unprofessional and I have never been talked to that way in my life, especially by a Doctor and supposed to be professional. He took simple patient concerns and made it about his ego. There are many other things but the list goes on. I switched doctors immediately and bottom line, He is appalling.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

I was referred to this Dr. because my Dr. is no longer here. I came from a very loving ,caring, and helpful OBGYN who made me as a patient, feel like a family member. I never hesitated to ask my former Dr. a question, and he never made me feel stupid when answering. I also NEVER felt uncomfortable going to see my former Dr! This man was rude and very curt. I gave him a few chances to correct his comments, but he felt like he knew what was best. And basically tried to school me on whom I should and shouldn't share my information with. I wish that I would have read these ratings before I went in to see him because I do not think that I would have gone to my first appointment let alone my second. I will be looking elsewhere for a different OBGYN.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Bless him. I have complete faith in Dr Zivney. He explains everything, listens, and helps with my nervousness. Love his staff. I'm not of child bearing age. Been there though. He helped me out with a mistake that could have been horrible that was made by another doctor. I do feel he has my best interests in mind when I see him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

After being referred to this doctor by a friend, I decided to make my first prenatal appointment with him. My ultrasound showed that I was still very early in pregnancy and the baby could not be seen yet. Doctor Zivney was very quick to inform me that I may also be losing the baby. He did nothing but throw me into a panic over what could and very well may be a perfectly healthy pregnancy. He was quite overbearing and when I asked him if he had a minute to answer my questions as to what I should expect, he told me,"I am very busy. I see a lot of patients in this clinic and I still have patients to see. I don't mean to blow you off but I am a very busy doctor." He did allow me to ask him a question or two but he would start talking over me before I could finish my questions. He was very overbearing, somewhat rude, and uncaring. I did not feel comfortable speaking with him and will not go back. His staff, however, is amazing.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

i would never recomend this dr to any one. very rude. rude to my husband and i and made comments that really embarrassed me and hurt my feelings. i absolutely can not stand this dr. and never will even go back if he was the last dr on earth. he gets very impatient with his patients when asking questions to better understand what he is explaining. feel as if he doesnt care nothing for his patients well at least the ones who arnt made of money and as high class as him i guess. all i can say is i cant stand this man or his nurse and will never recomend him. and if any one ever asked me i would give my honest experience with him.and i couldnt even imagine his bedside manners.....i switched drs. and i can tell you one dr that i will highly recomend to eveyone is Dr.Ryan Walter, best dr ever.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

He is very blunt and when you are in a time of need and reassurance, this is not the guy to go to. He made me cry by scaring the crap out of me and then refused to help me until I stopped crying. His nurses are very nice and you can get in to see him whenver you need, but his bed side manner is kinda scary and blunt.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2010

Dr. Ben S. Zivney's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in College Station, TX