Ratings for Dr. David E. BERRY

Before even introducing himself, Dr. Berry engulfed my small child in a hug she said was uncomfortably tight without asking her permission first, or showing any sensitivity to how hard he was squeezing her. In addition to disrespecting her bodily autonomy and disregarding her physical comfort, he doesn't wear a coat when he sees patients. If he hugs every patient, his clothing is collecting any bacteria or viruses that they might be shedding and passing all of that along from child to child. Very unsanitary and unsafe. When I made my second appointment, I specifically asked for a note to be made to the account that I did not want him to hug my child. I called later when I learned that he had hugged her anyway, and discovered that the note on her appointment was "no residents," not "no hugs." (We LOVED the resident we saw last time.) The nurse I spoke to and the office manager defended the practice of the hugs and swore that nobody in 16 years had ever complained about it before, which I don't believe, and is also not relevant. Between the inappropriate physical contact, the miscommunication and the enabling, this practice has me completely skeeved out. We won't be back for a third uncomfortable visit.

Submitted April 18, 2016

Very caring and professional doctor. We have had positive results with him and his practice.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Berry's care of my child goes well beyond office hours. He calls us at home when we have had scares and he pays attention to outside factors that can affect my child's health such as my own stress level. He is wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

We have tried to get our son in for vaccinations for over a month now, to no avail. When our boy was sick with a fever, we also tried to see Dr. Berry. We arrived 10 minutes prior to our appointment time, and waited for 30 minutes after the appointment time (40 minutes total). We were the only people in the sick area, with one child in the well area. We left without being seen. Our experience is that there is little respect for the patient in this office. We did not want to use the box-store pediatrics alternative, but will now have to go there or travel farther away for a quality pediatrician. This is unfortunate since we were so in love with our son's prior health care provider in our previous town.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I saw Dr. Berry from the age of 12 to 26. There was a gap in between where I tried to swtich to a non-pediatric doctor, but no-one was as capable as Dr. Berry. If I still lived in the area and were able to see him past 26, then I would most definitely still be his patient. My older brother and younger brother both saw Dr. Berry and have always had the best results.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

My daughter now 4 has been seeing Dr. Berry for a year. I thought I had found a great doctor for her until now. My daughter had been sick for over 3 weeks, was stated by another doctor because Berry was booked, she had a UTI, was on antibiotics for a week. Then she was diagnosed with STREP. Then diagnosed with a rare bacteria infection that HE said was caused by antibiotics and give her 6-8 weeks and she would fight it off herself. She didn't. Landed us in 3 ER visits, hospital for 4 days. I feel like had he treated her, we may have had a different outcome. He also seem to downplay my questions during this time. I am a very disappointed Mama....

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

My son saw him for strep throat the day before Thanksgiving. He was in a terrible hurry, and refused to give him antibiotics because his test came back negative. He had a fever, sore throat, and stomach pain. Long story short, my son suffered with high fevers for 3 days. When we finally got the test back, of course it was positive but the next doctor didn't even need to see the results. The doctor on call was not helpful either. Not very caring or interested in our situation at the time.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012

very dissapointed after reading good reviews, nurse yelled at my 4 yr old with special needs because he didn't want to wear the headphones for hearing test. nurse was very impatient and did not know how to deal with kids. Dr tried to give my son another diagnosis on our 1st visit instead of trying to get to know my son 1st. Also, did not read his extensive health history I had taken the time to send over before our 1st visit.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

Love this Dr. He is so empathetic and takes his time when in the room with you. After my son bei.g sick for over 2 months with what every other pediatrician kept saying was a cold, Dr. Berry diagnosed and tx him for childhood asthma and my son felt better within 2 days of tx.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

He has been my children's doctor for 8 years now! I would not go to any other Dr. He always greets us and the children with a hug and a sincere smile! His knowledge is outstanding and offers natural solutions before throwing drugs at you. So glad that he is here for our family!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Dr. David E. BERRY's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Blacksburg, VA