Ratings for Dr. W. Thomas Purcell

Dr Tom Purcell is one of the best oncologists in the U.S. He's very caring, kind, & knowledgeable. I was seeing another oncologist before I transferred over to him and it made a world of difference. I've referred several of my other cancer friends to him. He truely worries about his patients and works very hard to make sure they're getting the best treatment. He's number one on my list.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

I have been in Long Term Care for over 20 years, Dr Percell was the most amazing man I have ever dealt with. Kind, caring, warm, and so committed to what he does. Never ever has someone been so involved and a part of my families health care. I saw him walk out of my husbands hospital room with a huge lump in his throat, attemting to comfort me, which he did, as my husband was at his end of life. This man is the example of what an MD should be when a person and their familys dealing with the end of life of a loved one. I have been in the medical profession since I was 15 and I have never met an MD with so much compasion or commitment as this man. We were truly blessed to have this man in our lives when my husband was dying. Dr Percell has a gift that we were blessed to experience. Had Dr Percell not been in Billings we would have taken my husband to another state to be cared for. We involved many MD friends in thhis decision.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

Dr. Purcell is the third oncologist that I have seen. He was the one to diagnosis my hodgkins disease after I had been repeatedly told that I did not have cancer. I went for almost a year with other doctors saying there was nothing wrong. Within 2 weeks of meeting with Dr. Purcell for the first time I had a diagnosis and a plan. He has been wonderful to deal with as has his whole staff. I thank God that I went to one more doctor and I thank God even more that it was Dr. Purcell.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

How could one cover his tracks so well and think no one else would see through it? Too much game playing and self aggrandizement.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

I AM ONE WHO HAS GIVEN DR. PURCELL A GLOWING RATE. THIS MONTH I HAD TO HAVE A DOUBLE MASTECTOMY. I WENT TO DR. PURCELL FOR OVER 5 YEARS. IN THAT TIME I HAD ASKED HIM WHY I HAD SUCH TERRIBLE PAIN IN THE BREAST THAT HAD CANCER IN 2002. NOT ONCE DID HE DO AN MRI OR A CAT SCAN OR ANYTHING TO CHECK ON THAT PAIN. I MOVED 2 YEARS AGO AND SUDDENLY HAD A BRUISE APPEAR ON THAT BREAST. RESULT WAS SARCOMA CANCER. MY DOCTORS HERE RAN THE CAT SCAN AND BIOPSY AND DISCOVERED A HUGE MASS THAT HAD TO BE REOMOVED. ALONG WITH BOTH MY BREASTS. I WILL HAVE TO HAVE ONE MORE SURGERY TO GET THE REST OF THE CANCER. HAD SOMETHING BEEN DONE YEARS AGO, I BELIEVE THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO HAPPEN. MY TRUST IN DR. PURCELL IS TOTALLY DEPLETED. HAD I STAYED IN BILLINGS, I BELIEVE I WOULD HAVE DIED FROM THIS. IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING IS WRONG AND YOUR DR. WILL NOT DO ANYTHING, FIND A DR. WHO WILL. I LOVED THOSE PEOPLE AND I AM DEVASTATED TO KNOW THAT MY TRUST WAS TOTALLY MISPLACED.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

He is the most caring doctor I have ever met. He treated my Mother-in-law for colon cancer and he was just wonderful. We knew that he would leave Hopkins for bigger and better things.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2008

DR. PURCELL IS THE EPITOME OF WHAT A DR. SHOULD BE. HE IS FULL OF CARING AND HAS BEEN THE BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE CANCER UNITS IN BILLINGS, BAR NONE! HIS COMPASSION AND CARING ARE UNBELIEVEABLE. HE MAKES YOU FEEL SECURE AND LIKE YOU MATTER TO HIM. HE DOESN'T LEAVE YOU FEELING LIKE YOU ARE ONLY THERE TO MAKE HIM RICH! I HAD ONE LIKE THAT AND WAS STUNNED TO FIND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. WISH I HAD STARTED WITH DR. PURCELL...BUT, HE IS MY GUY FOR AS LONG AS NECESSARY. HOORAY FOR PEOPLE LIKE HIM!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007

Very ionformative. Includes entire family in his concerns. Very personable

flag | Submitted February 13, 2007

I love this Dr. He is kind and knowledgeable. He allows your input and I believes he really cares. I changed Dr's after having one that I felt was only there 'for the money'...not what you need when you are fighting for your life!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2007

Exhibits all the characteristics of an ideal physician. He combines a sincere compassion with advanced technical knowledge and hard work. He is an outstanding addition to a previously mediocre department and deserves personal credit for marked improvement of the program and assembly of an extremely high quality support staff.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2006

Dr. W. Thomas Purcell's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Pacificare