Ratings for Dr. Husam H. Alkhersam

My first two visits were good. The nurse called me back each day, but after the 3rd week, the nurse stopped calling and would not return my calls. The meds prescribed seemed to make my situation worse. Not pleased with this doctor at all or his assistant.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Worst doctor ever! Overdosed me, and was in toxic state in hospital for 4 days. Couldn't walk for a week. Lawsuit coming! Never got apology. BEWARE!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

The office staff is excellent and very friendly the Dr is vert friendly and knowledgable. He is caring and spent a lot of time with the patient. i would recommend him to other people

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

First few visits front office staff was nice and the doctor seemed concerned and admitted my daughter to the hospital. That was the last we saw of him until a required post hospital visit about 4 weeks after she was discharged. He never once came to see my daughter while she was in the hospital!!! His 2 associates came in but Alkersham never did for her 14 day hospital stay where she was diagnosed with Lupus. He had no idea!! Post hospital visit went ok , next visit for testing went ok, visit for test results was the worst. We were running late and called to let the office know and we were asked by a staffer named Connie would we be longer than 15 mins. We told her we did not know since traffic was bad. Well we got to office I dropped my daughter at door so she could hurry up to office. She waits about 5 minutes at closed window then finally gets helped. They want money she hands them her card and sits. Her Lupus makes standing and walking painful. A few minutes later we are told that since we were over 15 mins late we could not see the doctor and we would have to reschedule. Waiting room is empty!! We ask 1. How come Connie did not mention that to us when we called to let them know we were running late due to traffic and 2. Could they check with Dr Alkersham to see if he would still see us. We were told it is policy that if you are 15 mins late or more you have to reschedule your appointment - it is stated in the many sheets of new patient paperwork that gets signed and that Dr Alkershsm said NO HE WOULD NOT SEE HER BECAUSE WE WERE LATE. That is the office policy. We called as a courtesy to the office and NO RESTATED THE LATE POLICY TO US AS A COURTESY!! We would have rescheduled instead of driving an hour to get to the appointment. Needless to say we will no longer be seeing Dr Alkershsm because he is not patient focused and does not seem very concerned about his patients. He cares about office policy and $$$$. Do not want a doctor who never sees his patients while they are in the hospital and has no clue what you were diagnosed with when you go back to see him! Will not recommend him to anyone ever

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

This doctor cares for his patients and is always polite. Lately his nurse has been so rude to me and now I wonder if her attitude towards me might be a reflection of the doctors opinion of me. I mean why the sudden change? I have no idea what I might have done to be treated so badly by her. I am extremely upset by this. The staff should always be professional, after all I continue to be kind and respectful in the face of such rudeness. I used to love this doctor, but now it might be time to change doctors.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

If Dr. Alkhersam comes into your room, run if you can or use your wheelchair and get out. He saw me at HEB Hospital and compleyely misdiagnosed me. His misdiagnosis almost cost me my job and cost me thousands of dollars, He would not listen to what I had to say and was insulted when I asked him to consult with another doctor and when I asked if I should get a second opinion. He did not keep his word on a consult and completely blew me off. The Doctors at UT Southwestern were able to get the right diagnosis, go there.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Will not go back. Alkhersam is unconcerned and unfeeling. Is not attentive to needs and did not validate what I was going through (pain, symptoms, etc.) STILL have not at least reached a treatment plan that works for me. Has prescribed drugs that interact, causing me to be in extreme pain and incure more hospital and med bills. I just feel that if you are a trained professional....LET'S WORK TOGETHER FOR A RESOLUTION. It's not going to make my disease (MS) dissappear, but it could definitely help me live a better life.....AS for staff and Alkhersam's MA, VERY COLD and ABRUPT....Serious lack of interoffice-rapport wth patients..Long Wait.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Alkhersam for over a year. I think he is an excellent Dr. He is never in a hurry and answers all my questions. The first time I saw him I told my husband he listened to everything I said. I would recommend him to anyone. His staff is great, also.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

I really like Dr Alkhersam! I switched to him last year b/c my old dr just came in, asked how the meds were working, & that was it! Dr Alkhersam actually does an exam, & LISTENS, which is not something I've had much experience w/ related to dr's. I always take a list of ?'s for him, & he never makes me feel like I'm a burden. The last time I saw him, I actually teared up b/c he didn't just chalk all of my symptoms up to being side effects of my meds, or think I was imagining things, instead, after listening & talking w/ me, he scheduled the appropriate tests. I have & will continue to recommend him to anyone! His nurse (although sometimes quick & to the point) is very quick w/ call backs & rx call ins!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

The staff is cold and mechanical. There is a glass window that they keep closed and separates you from the staff. You have to tap on it to talk to them. They slide it open and look like you're bothering them. They act like they don't want any contact with the patients in the waiting room. If you call the office, prepare to be on hold for a long time,but I think that's better than getting lost in a phone tree. As a new patient I was asked to review and sign a form that listed all the things the doctors office would NOT do for me. Mostly RX related, but still it was so negative. I wasn't there to get meds. It even said, DON'T LIE TO THE ANSWERING SERVICE. Huh? That was really insulting to me. The doctor is nice enough, seems to be knowledgeable. But doesn't seem to speak english that well, so I will probably find another doc. If you can't connect with the doc or the staff, it's really not good. Just don't feel like they really care about their patients.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

Dr. Husam H. Alkhersam's Credentials

• Univ Of Al-Mustansiriyah, Mustansiriyah Med Coll, Baghdad, Iraq (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med