Ratings for Dr. Melvin D. Whitfield

Took 8 days for him to agree to do an Mri on my mom . Suggest unnecessary surgury that would have killed her and ignore the obvious. Thank god I got a second opinions and fired him. I can't believe he is practicing.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

Dr Whitfield opened me up in November of 2013 for a multilevel fusion. In my post operative interview Dr Whitfield described a "Perfect Fusion" that didn't need the Titanium he had used but he inserted them for safety sake, After Christmas with NO physical therapy ordered by Dr Whitfield, I was in so much pain that my Primary Dr. Sent me for a full MRI Series to the same company that had done the pre-op MRIs for Dr Whitfield. Imagine my surprise when the radiologist asked me "What the heck happened to you?" not only was there no titanium in my back..There was a failed discectomy and no attempt at fusion. Insurance and law enforcement agencies were alerted as he had billed and charted Fusion Surgery and Titanium Implants! He was Dismissed for CAUSE by Holy Cross Hospital and Raced to that hotbed of Malpractice MIAMI to do it to other patients! I wouldn't let this idiot touch my family pet!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Dr Whitfield successfully resected a metastatic brain tumor on me five years ago under emergency circumstances.I am alive and well today because of his skill and care! Thank you Dr Whitfield!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012

Dr. Whitfield performed a bilateral craniotomy on my 80 year old grandmother in August of 2010 and she is now doing fantastic! Dr Whitfield and his nurse, Angela are amazing and exceptionally caring. THE BEST!! Thank you so much for treating her so well.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

I had complete faith in his ability. Good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

Dr. Whitfield succesfully removed a brain tumor on my 82 year old mom. Not only the operation was a success, but his caring, warmth approach made my mom (and her family) very comfortable. My eternal gratitude to Dr. Whitfield. M. Strohbach

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

The doctor has a punctuality problem. He is usually 1 1/2 hours late or doesn't show up at all. No personality or bedside manners. There are many good doctors out there, avoid this one.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Dr. Melvin D. Whitfield's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

AARP