Ratings for Dr. Alaa A. Elbendary

Dr. Alaa a elbendary is a horrible female doctor! I wouldn't recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

He and his staff have been wonderful to my 82 year old grandmother who required a hysterectomy for uterine cancer. Her and I couldn't be happier with he and his staff

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

My mother was referred to Dr. Elbendary 11 years ago. He is a wonderful doctor. She has been cancer free for over 10 years and loves him. I would and have recommended him to several women.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

I was referred to Dr Elbendary and after 4 months of treatment that was noninvasive, I had surgery on in Nov 2013, I found him to be knowledgable , a skilled surgeon as well as compassionate. Would refer friends to him without question.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

I was referred to him for a hysterectomy for fibroid tumors. He told me it could not be done vaginally. I found later that there was no medical reason for not being able to do this vaginally. During my examination he asked had I ever considered having a tummy tuck. I hadn't until then. I was not overweight but did have a roll of skin that would not go away with working out. He he does this all the time and I agreed. He told me it would be a small scar in my bikini line. I woke up to a scar that went 4 inches up each side of my body and across my stomach. My belly button was not centered and he put staples not stitches which cause a horrible scar. Had my skin pulled so tight the scar had spread up to 1/2 in width. He did not charge me and said he would pay for scar revision from a reputable plastic surgeon but then declined to do so after my surgery which cost me over $6000.oo dollars. I have a deep crease in my back from where he attempted to close my incision.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

I went to see this surgeon to have a tumor removed. He and my OB told me the surgery could not be done laparoscopically and that I would have to be opened completely up to remove the tumor. I asked him if any other surgeon could do the procedure Laparoscopically; he said no. After scheduling the surgery and reading his three page long legal waiver for me to sign and his pre sugical instructions to be off Vitamin C for a week before surgery (Vitamin C will not hurt and only helps). I went running for the door. I went and got a second opinion and found a surgeon on the Best Doctors list, that was able to perform the surgery laparoscopically and I only had to lose one ovary. Dr.Elbendary was planning on doing a complete hysterectomy. I am extremely thankful that I trusted my instincts and sought out a second opinion as I had not had children yet. Because of having a better surgeon I healed twice as fast and I still have my uterus. I recommend always getting a second opinion.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Dr. Alaa A. Elbendary's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Arabic

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Kaiser-Permanente