Ratings for Dr. Pamela THOMPSON

I would not recommend this Dr. after going to her for over five years. beware!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Be forewarned. You will wait on hold for 15+ minutes EVERYTIME you call. Often times I am hung up on before I get through. If you can even get into the office (I've been sent to readycare more often then given an appointment for a sick call) you will be treated rudely, talked down to, or flat out ignored. Any complaints I had to discuss during my yearly check up were flat out ignored or given answers like "take an allergy pill for a swollen neck" back pain, "go to a chiropractor". Basically anything you want to discuss is dismissed and not even looked at. She will send you to any specialist. I'm not really sure what the point of going to her is. She will adjust your meds without discussing it. You will just pick them up at the pharmacy and see that they are different. Not sure if she makes mistakes, or changes it and doesn't mention it. The office staff are unhappy and disorganized. I'm trying to leave the office and after 6 weeks they have lost my request form to send my records to a new doctor (was told 4 weeks ago that they would send it that day). The "just got it" 2 weeks after the request was faxed supposedly. Cant wait to be done with this office. You have been warned. Stay away.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I arrived to an appointment in excruciating pain, Dr. Thompson was inexplicably short, rude, and irritable towards me. She seemed annoyed at the amount of pain that I was in and got audibly angry and sharp with her questions and answers to me. I was tired and couldn't respond accordingly and was sent on my way with meds after being told of all the things it wasn't. I was told we would wait and see and if it didn't get better to call and we'd get blood work done. I ended up in the ER at 4am after that passing a sizable kidney stone. This is now the 2nd time that I was treated this way and sent on my way only to learn it was something more serious. I have been going here for years but usually see a PA or Nurse, both times I've seen Dr. Thompson she was unbelievably rude and unprofessional. After reading some of the reviews it makes me wonder how she decides who she is going to treat with compassion and respect.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I was with Dr. Thomson since her days working at the Sparrow annex near MSU. I saw only PA's for years and they were always nice and compassionate. I saw Dr. Thompson only once there, right before Sparrow discontinued providing a doctor at that location, and Dr. Thompson was very rude to me. I chalked it up to the Sparrow situation. I followed her to her current location and practice where I no longer saw PA's. After numerous issues with an untrained staff and more occasions where Dr. Thompson was rude to me, I finally decided to move on to a new doctor for some very serious medical issues I have, in which I need a caring and dedicated physician. I am not sure if Dr.Thompson dislikes males, me, or whether she is just an irritable person, but, I need a doctor who cares about me and people in general. Choose your doctor wisely.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Doctor slow to respond. Days wait to get needed refills on meds. Slow to contact patient or return calls when health issues arise. Not pleased.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Been seeing Dr Thompson for close to 18 years? She and her staff are warm and friendly.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

waited 45 min. past my appt. time.Asked for help to see if a medication was causing a problem i was having.I never got an answer. this from a doctor that wants her co-pay at the front door.I.will never go back to her.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Thompson for almost a year now and am very impressed by her office demeanor and willingess to help. She is a great doctor and friend.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2008

I chose Dr. Thompson because she's a PCP who has specialized in women's health, into sports medicine and she's a DO. I found her to be a great doc. Very attentive, inquisitive, understanding and caring. She's very frank and talks directly to you as a person/patient. Staff is terrific too. Everyone is great about answering questions. I liked her enough that I recommended my mom to her; my mom now travels 4 hours for appointments with her!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

WE LOVE DR PAM!!! ive been going to her for ten years and have brought on the rest of my family after being married!! the six of us enoy her and her staff! she gives any and all help that she can!!! I reffer anyone whos looking for a wonderfull doctor to her and her staff.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2008

Dr. Pamela THOMPSON's Credentials

• Mi State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1986)

Commercial Insurance Company