Ratings for Dr. Mary Oconnell

Because this doctor knows nothing about thyroid hormone and refused to give me a referral to a endocrinologist, I suffered for many years with an under-functioning thyroid. I sent her a fax, begging her to please reconsider referring me, I never got an answer back from her. She did not want to hear about the information I found on line about hypothyroidism. I also had zero estrogen and progesterone, instead of looking at the facts, she charged my insurance company for 'counseling' and talked about what plans she and her husband had in the distant future. What a waste of time, effort and emotions, not to mention my insurance money and my life before I finally found a different doc who could hear me. I find that 'not listening' to patients is the norm, so I guess she falls in line with the norm. I'm not sure why, but she had her asst. drawing my blood instead of sending me to a lab. The asst. was inept. After 5 attempts at finding a vein, I told her to STOP and I left.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015