Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Valastro

Dr. Valastro was very professional and knowledgeable. He helped me with my chronic knee-cap dislocation. Was patient with my questions and helped me to be patient with my knee. My only complaint is that I normally had to wait a little while to be seen by Dr, V. His punctuality is not the best.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. V replaced both my knees. I am able to do things I would have never thought would have been possible with my old knees... I am super pleased with the results.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I had significant lower body injuries including compound fractures to my tibia and fibia, broken femur, displaced patela and a shattered ankle from an automobile accident. It took a few surgeries but I'm walking again like a normal human again. Dr. V put all the pieces back together again!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I had knee pain and met Dr.Valastro. He did a detailed analysis from the X-ray and educated me with detailed info on where the bone density was low and normal, where the cartilage tissue had degenerated and its severity, the amount of physical exercise that is okay and not okay, some strengthening ex, weight reduction to prolong the knee replacement surgery. When asked question, he took extra effort to pull back the X-ray from system and explain us again. He not only provided short term solution but went the extra level to explain us the impact on a long term. He was kind, cool and took time to explain us even if it was over the business hours. I highly recommend Dr.Valastro.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Dr. V is a great doctor! I broke my finger a couple of times during sports and he helped my finger heal within just 6 weeks and I was out on the field again. I also broke my toe one time and went to see him again. Once again he told me about six weeks and it would be fine. It was feeling way better after six weeks in the cast. I thanked him for all that he has done for me and in possibly future injuries. I recommend this doctor by far.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Three years ago I had knee replacement surgery by Dr V at Cedar Park Hospital. Capitol Anesthesia provided the anesthesiologist, a Dr Patel. The pre surgery block was done in the hospital room by Patel, a few minutes befor the surgery. The block was done incorrectly and it did not stop the surgical pain... The hospital, Dr V, his PA, nor Cap Anesthesia ever addressed what happened. I obtained my hospital surgical record , which I had to pay for, and it showed that the block had to be redone in the recovery room. I remember screaming and screaming in pain before the block was redone. I was 72 yrs old at the time and never in my life had I ever gone through such horrible pain... Three years later my knee pain is still out of sight, but I have been so traumatized that the thought of having repair surgery has kept me from seeking help.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Had ACL surgery in 2004. Just found out in 2014, that the job was poorly done and basically disintegrated. I finally tore the rest of my knee out just this week, due in part to my non existent ACL. Cannot recommend this guy to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

My son broke his collar bone in a football game and we were recommended to see this joker. After waiting over an hour in the waiting room and than another 30 minutes for him to see us we were graced with his presence. He started his exam with my son and was extremely insensative to his pain. After being told my son needed surgery we were told to give he the presciption of pain meds that his staff would call in. I went to the pharmacy to pick it up and they never called it in. I called the after hours and no one picked up. This is the worst doctors office I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

After two years of doctors, Dr Valastro was the first one to not send me away with a huge bottle of pills. He seemed interested in my well being and in my future. Was a refreshing change from the numerous other doctors. And he also didn't recommend surgery. As a last resort it could be done but it isn't an option at the moment. Thanks Dr. V.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

I saw Dr. V for hyaluronic acid injections in my knee. He botched the job and said my knee was in very bad shape. He said giving the injection was very difficult and it was PAINFUL. Hid PA gave me one of my injections and it was completely painless and in the correct spot. I almost passed out during the last injection Dr. V gave me. He said, no matter, he would just do a knee replacement. No way would I let that man near me with a knife!!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

Dr. Michael S. Valastro's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1991)