Ratings for Dr. John W. Freeman

First time in his office , been here close to an hour , and he's an hour behind

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Throughout the pregnancy and birth of my 1st, Dr. was great, though usually late with appointments he does delivery babies so most of the time there was a good reason for being late). He was always very knowledgeable and courteous, and very talkative. However, after my husband and I started trying to have another baby, we were having problems with miscarriages. Dr. downplayed the miscarriages and the length of time it was taking to get pregnant; he offered little help with the situation and the recurrent loss. Also there were problems with his staff. They were nice, but they were not knowledgeable about what was going on within the office or medical terms, etc. Nurses seemed to change frequently and were inconsistent.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr. Freeman has a horrible bedside manner. I never waited less than an hour to see him and when I finally got back to a room the nurse was cold and unfriendly. After suffering one miscarriage, I went back to Dr. Freeman when I was pregnant again. I made an appointment to get my hormone levels checked and when I arrived the nurse gave me a gown. I told her I was just here to get bloodwork and she walked out and they whispered loudly outside the door. Dr. Freeman had the audacity to walk in the room and say, "so my nurse says you don't want to take your clothes off." Ugh...what?? Rude and uncomfortable. He told me that bloodwork would tell me nothing. So I scheduled a sonogram. After going through a painful internal sonogram, the nurse told me I had a miscarriage and sent me back out in to the waiting room to wait to talk to Dr. Freeman. So there I waited again for an hour in tears with all the pregnant women. That was the last straw. His superior attitude was a real turn off.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

I had heard good things about him through a friend. Went to his website and read a very touching bio about his personal and family life. Was highly disappointed when I met him in person. Seemed uninterested. Shrugged off hormonal questions as - so what, you're old, kind of attitude. Didn't warn me of an anal exam when I'd never had a Gyn do this to me. Quite a shock when you're not expecting that. Won't be returning.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Had 2 babies under Dr's care. Dr is a great Dr for pregnant moms - warm, talkative, and helpful. He was not as warm and helpful once I was finished having children and had gained 20lbs. When he treated my morbidly obese mother badly for uncontrollable bleeding. When I complained about symptoms related to hormone upset he said there was nothing he could do if I was going into menopause at 32. I disagreed and changed drs.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Dr. John W. Freeman's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1979)