Ratings for Dr. Julie R. ALLMAN

She has always been good for me and my wife. She is just ALWAYS late.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

She has no bed side manner. She is too busy just on her tablet. She tries to spend as little amount of time with as possible; you have to repeat everything because she isn't listening and she asks the same questions over and over.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I like Dr. Allman except that it takes a minimum 1 hour wait in the waiting room (usually takes longer than that). The bigger problem is the nurse. Dr. Allman tells me one thing and the nurse tells me something else. This has caused me to take even more time off work that shouldn't have been required. The nurse also has a tendency to be a little rude; like she thinks you are bothering her to call. I would go to Dr. Allman if she were associated somewhere else with a different staff. But they have "displeased" me enough times that I am finding another Dr.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Very good experience. Would recommend to friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Warning! If you have any symptoms that are not clearly visible, Dr. Allman will not help you, and she may even mock you. I have struggled with debilitating fatigue for years and have had a lot of anxiety surrounding seeking help for it. My counselor encouraged me to see my doctor to get help, but when I tried to get help from Dr. Allman, she made snarky comments about my concerns, belittled me, and made me feel like a hypochondriac. She did set up a sleep study, but when I tried to request that it not be on a certain week, she huffed at me and would not work with my request at all. I ended up calling the sleep clinic myself and asked them to reschedule for me which they handled politely and easily. I was supposed to schedule a follow up visit with her but have avoided it like the plague. I am researching options to find a different doctor.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I wrote a raving review a year ago, but unfortunately, this year my visit was a disappointment. I needed information on proper vaccinations for traveling to South America, and all she could do was give me the phone number of the health department. My colleagues who are traveling asked their doctors and their doctors investigated information from the CDC and then made a suggestion based upon their own health record. Dr. Ray wasn't willing to do anything. Turns out I need a hepatitus shot which the health dept says I should get from my doctor's office! So now I'll have to pay for a second visit. Anyway, disappointing service this time all around. I guess she is good if you have no issues or questions. But if you have no issues or questions, then really you probably don't need a doctor appointment to begin with.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr. Ray is a very good general practitioner. She is thorough and always has my best interests in mind when she sees me, which is about once every two years. In addition to treating me for whatever problem I have, she always reviews my chart and recommends preventative care to consider, such as a recent tetanus shot. The nurses and office staff have always been helpful and polite. I couldn't ask for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

Dr. Ray is professional and has a gentle bedside manner. My daughter was sick, crying hysterically and Dr. Ray comforted my child when she came in, spoke softly to her and asked me a questioned me gently while doing so. She is a doctor, a lady and a wonderful person. I think those that don't like her may think a doctor shouldn't be a woman but let me tell you she was wonderful! C. Hahn. PS: Our Fair Lady couldn't have done better!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2009

This doctor uses some sort of automatic calling system on their phone and calls people day and night and will not take your name off their calling list. That tells me that this doctor can not be trusted....you want to use a doctor who is not a responsible person then you go ahead at your own risk...how would you liked to be called over and over and over again for months at a time day and night???

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

I have only had to visit Dr. Ray for my regular visits and once for a minor illness (meaning, I have found her to be very thorough. Yes, she is "cool" as another commenter posted, but I didn't find it a rude coolness. I don't necessarily expect her to show interest in me as a person (although wouldn't that be nice if doctors, in general, did do that?). She listened to my questions and answered them. Now, her nurse offered me a flu shot -- in May! So I am not so convinced that the staff is knowledgeable -- why on earth would one get a flu shot in May when the flu season is over? (and this was before the swine flu came along, by the way, so was unrelated to H1N1 fears). All in all, I find Dr. Ray to be a good doctor if you are just needing a regular physical and are in good health.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Dr. Julie R. ALLMAN's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Amarillo, TX