Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Esche

I never have an issue with Dr. Esche nor his staff. They're always professional and as long as I hold up my end of responsibilities (making appts and such) he's never let me down. I to have received assistance and coupons when I did not have insurance for a bit in college. He even referred me to a discount pharmacy (he isn't one for chains). Straight up guy.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I used to see Dr. Shiva Lam for a short time. I met him in Austin Lakes Hospital. He was not taking patients but he liked me and took me on as one of his patients. I was sad when he closed his office. He recommended Dr. Mark Esche. I have been seeing him since 4/2015. The first visit was all for show. It was a one hour visit. Of course I was impressed, but afterwards was the total opposite. I was never high maintenance but if you had to leave him a message he would not call you back the majority of the time. The first time he apologized and said the phone system must have been down. I think he was lying. I found his man to be somewhat rude and arrogant. He doesn't always listen and on one visit he asked me "don't you have a therapist?" I told this man over and over and over again that I have daily suicidal ideations. I worked for the State for almost 9 years. I resigned this month. I couldn't do it anymore. I am selling things to survive. Several months ago I asked him to help me get on disability and he said never. He's a pill pusher and that is about it. AON Hewitt was going to put me on short term disability and Dr. Esche refused. I cried and pleaded with him and AON and got nowhere. When I came back to work after being on FMLA and extended sick leave for 3 months, he refused to put me on any restrictions or fill out the ADA so of course I went back. I was not ready and now he is only concerned with getting caught contradicting himself. He even added PTSD which he NEVER told me I had. I do not understand how he has 4 stars because in my honest opinion he is a sorry excuse of a doctor! http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Mark_Esche/reviews#ixzz46gJ8KfW1

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Been a patient nine years; great doctor!! Always great advice and let's me have the freedom to make choices I my care. Promptly returns phone calls when needed.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

The first few times I saw Dr Esche, he seemed a little stiff, but after I got to know him & started talking, he was great. He discussed the meds I was taking that another doc had given me. WE went down the list and decided what would be best for me. For myself, I went through some very trying times. Dr Esche has been there for me. He has taken meoff meds that weren't working. I am now taking fewer drugs than I have for the last 20 years. If I am concerned about a drug and call him, Dr Esche is quick to respond. We discuss it. He's been very good to me. My last doctor went into another field & just quit returning my calls and could never get an appointment. Dr Esche sees me in just a few days and if it is an emergency he will work me in or call me. Believe me, I've called him more than once! I never have to wait more than 15 or 20 minutes. I'm not to wild about his staff. They seem to be out of touch with people.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Dr Esche saw me after just a short wait. He's polite, listens well and very knowledgeable. He always has an idea of which medication would work best for me if needed.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Esche is extremely understanding and supportive with treatment and includes me in all decisions. His level demeanor makes discussions of difficult problems manageable. If I have medication issues he quickly responds and we discuss options. I have been receiving outstanding care for seven years.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

This guy is a pill factory. He has prescribed too many scripts to count for my wife. She frequently loses the power of speech and often doesn't have the energy to get of bed because he keeps her so high. Yep, if you are a pillhead, Mark Esche is your man.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

Very understanding and knowledgeable. And when my husband lost his job and we didn't have insurance for a short time he (couple weeks) he made sure there was a way for me to get my meds. Wonderful doctor!

Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. Esche is great! He is laid back and intelligent, he listens to what I say about my medications, and has incredible knowledge about how psych meds interact with each other and with the brain.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr Esche quickly comes to his own diagnosis, and once he does, he does not listen to anything you have to say... even if it is (and especially if it is) a 10 year history with another doctor. He is very opinionated, and he will not be questioned and will not be proven wrong. He is very authoritarian, and you will feel like a kid in the principal's office. Anyone who wants to be a partner in their own healthcare should find a different doctor to work with.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Dr. Mark A. Esche's Credentials

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)