Ratings for Dr. John Harmston

Dr. Harmston, Kristen McCool and staff are amazing

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Husband has had six appointments rescheduled for a service related injury. The staff is extremely unhelpful. All they keep saying is that the doctor is so busy he can't see my husband... a veteran none the less.... for another month, or two, or three, or 9 now! This place is horrendous! What is even worse is they are still rescheduling his appointments. We called the VA and now he is on the "Do Not Refer to" list for his actions as we found out we were not the only people he has done this to! Went to Texas, got into to see THREE orthopedic doctors in one week! This guy and his office is ine huge joke! Dont waste your time or money and, from the looks of ither reviews, your health. Take a drive and go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Stay away is so right. Cancels appointments at the last minute, not just one but going on four times. Then when my husband went in to ask for the records he had dropped off they refused to give it back to him. Perhaps he also doesn't know the law. The professionalism of this office leaves a lot to be desired! Worst experience every with any kind of medical professional.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Stay Away. I took my 4 year old son to Dr. Harmston and he performed surgery on his broken arm. All was well, until his arm became infected. After 3 weeks of antibiotics the infection was still there. Finally, they had a blood test conducted and it came back negative for an infection. But what the Dr. did not consider is that my son had been on antibiotics for 3 weeks so the culture would not be accurate. I knew there was a problem, so I decided to take him to another Dr. and the new Dr. informed me that my son likly had a bone infection. He is scheduled to have another surgery this Friday. I only saw Dr. Harmston twice in two months and we were in the office once a week for that period of time. All other times we saw the nurse practioner. This has turned into a night mare for my son. I would suggest anyone who needs this type of service to go elsewhere to get appropriate care.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

He performed routine knee replacement surgery on my Mother. Had to redo surgery less than 10 days later. She never recovered or walked again. Had 3 more surgeries in Lubbock,TX to try to repair her knee or at least straighten her leg. She died 16 months later.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

I haven't had a lot of orthopedic treatment but 5 months after starting treatment and surgery with this Dr. I am in worse pain and have had to have more treatment through other Drs than I have ever had in my life.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

Dr. John Harmston's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Top Hospitals in Hobbs, NM