Ratings for Dr. Carolyn F. Langford

They like to make the most money they can on each of your visits to this office. Instead of doing a simple clean catch urine in a cup at each visit they want to have you urinate in a uroflow, a meter which measures the rate of flow. After a visit or two with normal readings on the uroflow they continue to want you to do this, even though results were normal & this was never a problem to start with! (You are never told what this is & never given results unless you specifically ask.) After the uroflow the medical assistant wants to do an bladder ultrasound , every time you come in. (This is to check if your bladder emptys completely.) Again, after a couple of visits you realize they want to do this every time, even if you do not have this problem. When I finally declined I was spoken to very rudely by the medical assistant who said "Don't you have insurance? The payment for this won't come out of your pocket!" Then they submitted a bill to my insurance for the ultrasound that I didn't even have done.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I had been referred to Dr. Langford by my gynecologist as I was new to area. I have had past history of experimental urological surgeries performed by a highly decorated doctor. She had no knowledge of this doctor nor his procedures. After having spent my whole life going to urologists I am very familiar with how they work. This office was a meat packing plant for medicine. If you want top notch care, DO NOT GO HERE! I have since traveled to VA for a former urogynecologist I had who had moved for my care as I was so upset with what I received here. My current doctor is a former military doctor and trained under my original urologist and actually saw my surgery when it was performed.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Had a chest x-ray on May 19, 2016 and never heard a word about it. Had to pull the report to give to another doctor and it said I had a density in the right lobe of my lung and that a follow up was needed. Dr. Langford never notified me and never followed up. I even called the office and told her nurse about this and still nothing. On Sept 20 had a upper right lobectomy and am still recuperating. Let me ask you, is this a good doctor? I think not.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

To the negative retired self-claimed MD (Brereton) I read your message as rediculous. Since when does a medical specialist work off someone else's tests or proclaimed findings? Thank goodness Dr. Langford did and does not deviate from her professional expertise. Women focused on female care is the only way to go. Dr. Langford will get the optimal results if we let her do what she does best; look after our best interest and results. JRC, Richmond, Va & Fort Myers, Fl

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Langford is an excellent urologist who has given me my freedom back. As a very active 63 year old female, I couldn't pass a bathroom without having to make a stop and on a 3 mile walk would often have to seek out a bathroom in between the leave of residence and home stretch. Heaven forbid, I play tennis, bathroom before I play, during and before leaving the courts so I could make it to my house before the urgency came again. I had a procedure called Macroplastique injection which has given me freedom from being a victim of constant bathroom visits. You won't be disappointed, well worth the injection. Thank you Dr. Langford!!! you are amazing!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

If you want to see a physician who tells you one thing and does another, I suggest Dr. Langford. My wife saw her, and as a retired physician, I was there during the visit. The diagnosis seemed to be apparent on P.E. and as our ins. does not cover any testing or procedures, and she already had the tests done by her FP, we were assured by Dr. Langford that no more testing was needed. A month later we received a bill for almost $300. As a phsician, I know these tests were completely unnecessary. Attempts to contact the office led to incredibly rude responses. We have since learned that a friend had the same experience but has agreed to make payments. I flat out refuse to do so. We have now been turned over to a collection agency. I consider this business medicine at its worst, possibly even fraud, and I also say:This is not over. R.M.Brereton M.D.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Dr. Langford was completely professional and helpful with my kidney stones. The surgical center is located at the same office and everyone of the staff was completely supportive and as well as sensitive to my well being. The feeling I received was that of someone caring for a family member. I would and will recommend Dr. Langford to anyone who needs a professional and caring doctor of Urology.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Dr Langford is the best female urologist in Florida, possibly in the US! She helped me get my life back when no other Doctor would help with my condition.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

The office staff very nasty. I had emergency surgery because of kidney stone. I have told them I can only make payments. So now I am told that they will let me know if I can get the stent removed that Dr. Langford put inside me. I can only hope as that the Dr. will remove the stent it is very dangerous to leave it in!!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010