Ratings for Dr. Alan A. Hasegawa

Dr. Hasegawa is an excellent Dr. I went to him for years and he was very kind, caring and helpful. I only left because I moved out of town. The reason he types while you talk to him is because they record everything electronically now. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Very, Very ethical and knowledgeable in his field. Very caring when working with the family as well as the patient, Has been our physician for over 25 years.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Incredibly RUDE office staff, never answer the phone because they are admittedly "understaffed". Caused my husband to have panic attack because they were so rude . Not helpful, and months before another available appointment.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

He failed to look at my overall health in coming up with a diagnosis. He sent me to another doctor in the clinic to get a second opinion. When that dr did not agree with his diagnosis, Hasagawa said, "well I'll talk to him." I was given a new drug to try at each appointment. He types up everything you say and puts it into your medical record, not just your mental health record. He was not nice to us. He is well mannered but not kind. I saw him for several years and had no idea he over diagnosed me until my medical doctor, who has known my conditions much longer, talked to me about the diagnosis and warned me to get away from this man. Be very sure before you get wrapped up with this doctor, as there are other doctors more competent at this facility. I have noticed other reviews on this and other sites about this man with all five stars. Real patients don't give all five stars to a doctor. That is another red flag about him! Who is really putting this reviews on these sites? He couldn't remember or have access to information discussed at previous sessions and became frustrated when he had to go back and check.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

This doctor is and excellent man. HE listens to you...He is very concerned about his patients . WHY did you pick him as a Dr . Not every one hit's it off. God puts us in places to hear his voice.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I have never seen him act rude before. He was always kind to me and much much better and more knowledgeable than the 2 other psychiatrists I have tried. he was also the first person to discover I had anxiety for a year an half. Got me on the right medicine and gave me my life back. I will always be thankful for that. He does type the whole time but if you ask him a question he stops and answers. He also uses active listening when typing so you know he is really listening to you.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

I have to say i am "offended" for Dr Hasegawa as to the negative comments on this blog. I have been a patient of his for 12 years and you could not ask for a more caring and personable Dr. He is dictating our complaints and our progresses he is able to "multitask" so he is listening as he is typing and he does care about his patients well being very much everyone is entitled to their own opinion or experience. he has accomplished in helping me through some of the toughest times in my life!I give you my total respect Dr H!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Dr. Hasegawa has always been very kind & reassuring. When I enter his office feeling down, I leave with more confidence. When I am already feeling good, I leave feeling great. He gives very positive advice and suggestions.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

He has always been wonderful in helping me when I see him. Always interested in my opinion about my meds.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

I can not complain, I have only seen Dr. Hasagawa a couple times but my initial consult was very helpful. I do agree he does type the entire time by at least he's taking note of what you're saying and your family/medical history. On my second visit he made sure I was "happy" with the prescription he had me on and asked if I had any questions--which I did esp. regarding the long-term goal and I felt he was very helpful. IMO people do not understand the difference between "psychology" and "psychiatry" apparently on this site. Psychiatrists tend to treat using medicine whereas psychologists tend to treat using talk therapy and trying to find the root of ones problems or ways to redirect/understand behavior. I'm not a dr., accountant actually, and I've found that seeing a therapist/psychologist in conjunction with Dr. Hasagawa has been very helpful for me personally.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

Dr. Alan A. Hasegawa's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)