Ratings for Dr. Lev D. Kandinov

My wife, Aliaksandra Kavaliova was under the prenatal care of Dr. Lev Kandinov. Her E.D.C. was 5-31-2017. Two weeks prior to delivery we were told by Dr. Kandinov she was dialated 4 cm and her delivery would come very fast. We asked Dr. Kandinov,on several occasions if it was possible to have an induction of labor due to that fact. His reply was, It doesn’t fit into my schedule at this time. On 5-21-17, 5-22-17 I spoke with the doctor by phone and asked for induction he said come in tomorrow. On 5-23-17 she was seen in the doctors office for exam. On all three visits we again asked to be induced. She was again told not at this time go home and wait. On 5-23-17 At 9:00 p.m. Dr. Kandinov was called because Aliaksandra was in labor with contractions every minute in a half. He instructed us not to worry and go to the hospital. I asked him if he would meet us there and he told me, no I will show up when the nurses call me after your wife is assessed. We went straight to Memorial Hospital, 5 minutes from the hospital I called again to Dr. Kandinov to ask for someone to meet us with a wheel chair as my wife was screaming in the car. He reassured me that he would call and have them waiting for us to help. Upon arrival to Memorial, no one was waiting with a wheelchair. I took my laboring wife out of the car and carried her into the hospital. She was placed on a bed in labor and delivery. Within minutes Dr. Svetlana Maslyak came into the room the baby was coming the babies heart rate dropped to under 90 beats per minute and Dr. Kandinov never made it. Dr. Maslyak immediately did a 4th Degree episiotomy and delivered the baby. Dr. Kandinov finally showed up, my son had been born 5 minute prior. Right after delivery Dr. Maslyak stepped out and Dr. Kandinov stepped into the room. Dr. Kandinov did the repair of the 4th degree laceration. The next day, 05-24-17 he never came post operatively to see my wife. On the third day, 05-25-2017 he came in the afternoon and he examines my wife and said everything looks perfect and left. We were discharged that day to go home. On the 05-28-17 the sutures broke through out the incision of the repair and fecal matter was coming from her vag...na. Dr. Kandinov was called and his reply was it is a holiday weekend so just keep it clean and come in my office on 5-30-17. He also instructed us NOT to go back to Memorial Hospital. I started to google and found my wife had all the signs of a fistula. On 5-30-17 we went to Dr. Kandinov’s office, I told him what I had researched. He said he was sure that was not the case here. But after discussing it further he also went to his computer and after searching google told me he thought I was right. He scheduled her surgery for the next day at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center not Memorial where we had already been. She was released that same day. We were told to return to Dr. Kandinov on 6-02-17. No one ever confirmed our appointment with his office. And the fecal matter was still happening to my wife after the second repair. The fistula was still present and was never repaired. On 6-6-17 we went to his office for the post op appointment. He examined her and said everything was healing well. On 6-07-17 she started to have the fecal matter in the vagi...na again he was called and told. On 6-08-17 we were told to come to his office. He told us this was the menstrual period nothing to worry about. I again took my wife home, and around 6:00p.m. took her back to his office after sending him pictures via text message if the fecal matter coming out of her vagi...na. After that he realized that he could not help them with this problem any further he told us to go home and wait for his call. Instead I took my wife to Memorial hospital. After MRI at Memorial, we were told they didn’t find anything suspicious, and to follow up in Kandinov’s office the next day. I think Dr. Kandinov’s behavior and his skills as a doctor lack any medical judgement. If he did not have the skilled required to repair my wife, then there should be another option to call in another physician that has the proper skills to handle the surgery with a better outcome. I am asking that you take proper action towards this physician, as we are not the only patients to whom this has happened to. I am very aware that this was Dr. Kandinov’s mistake. Due to his lack of skills my wife might be disfigured with the complications of the outcome of his surgical skills or lack of for the rest of her life. Dr. Kandinov’s behavior is absolutely unprofessional. He has avoided all contact with us and does not want to take any responsibility for what has happened. We asked Dr. Kandinov for reimbursement for 5500.00 that was paid to his office for his services. His reply was absolutely not Your wife had a known complication of delivery which was explained in full detail. I want a fullscale investigation into this case and a

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Best doc ever! Found him by chance on zocdoc and I am so happy I did! He is very caring and understanding and very easy to talk to, he is a good listener and explains everything to my understandimg. I trust him completely and I feel very comfortable with him. I was seeing him for a few years in new jersey before he moved to florida, and i still have not found a comparable doctor to replace him. I travel often to Florida and will continue seeing him there.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Excellent doctor, very professional and kind. Took great care of me in his office as well as in the hospital, highly recommend

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I joined Dr. Kandinov's practice during my last pregnancy because my previous ob/gyn retired. Dr. Kandinov proved to be an excellent doctor, both in terms of bedside manner and knowledge/skill. He made sure to take the time during visits to listen to me and answer all my questions. I never felt rushed during an appointment. The actual delivery went smoothly and I felt as though he took great care of me. I sent my sister to him when she needed surgery and she had an equally positive experience. Dr. Kandinov is truly a find. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. Kandinov was the best doctor I have ever delivered with. I previously delivered with 3 different doctors and had a total of 8 different gynecologists. I can confidently state that my personal experience with Dr. Kandinov was by far the best one yet. He treated me like he would his own family member. He made me feel very comfortable and at ease. He never rushed me through my appointment (as all my previous OBGYN did) and actually took the time to explain everything. He is extremely knowledgeable in his area of expertise and always provided sources when needed. despite the fact that he never rushed through any appointments, he was always punctual and on time. I don't remember waiting for more than 10-20 minutes at his office. He always made sure to be available to answer questions even if it meant to pick up the phone past mid-night. I would love to have my next baby with Dr.Kandinov and would definitely recommend his services to my family members.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Kandinov has been the most genuine doctor I have ever met. He is not only very knowledgable and thorough when explaining his procedures, he is just simply pleasant to talk to. Absolutely great physician with a great demeanor.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

the best experience with Dr K. he delivered 2 of my children. nothing but the best care.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Left home while i was in labor, then never came back to check on me. Doctor who deliver my baby did not clean me well and 3 weeks later i almost died of loosing blood because of remained placenta in my uterus. I blame dr Kandinov, since i was his patient and he did not care to deliver my baby and discharge me from hospital to make sure im Ok!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Dr. Lev D. Kandinov's Credentials

• Italian

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 2001)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Secaucus, NJ