Ratings for Dr. Samarina Ahmad

BEWARE! I had severe swelling in my left leg (making walking very difficult), lots of leg and back pain, loss of appetite, lethargy, etc. The staff mistakenly booked a routine visit. Dr. Ahmad took notes but did not physically examine the leg, disregarded my statement that I thought I had a blood clot, put me on a high steroid pack, ordered blood work, prescribed physical therapy, and set a 3-weeks follow up. Dr. Ahmad did not even review the blood-work results (I called 2 weeks later). After following her treatment for six days in excruciating pain and being unable to take it anymore, I went to the Santa Fe ER where they examined the leg, instantly (visually) identified a blood clot, looked for more clots, found a blood clot running from my ankle into my pelvis, and ultimately diagnosed the cause - stage IV lung cancer. I would not even recommend Dr. Ahmad to my worse enemies. I cannot see how she missed clot diagnosis when I told her I believed I had a blood clot. INCOMPETENT!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012