Ratings for Dr. David Lee Nomeland

I absolutely adore Dr. Nomeland. Certainly he does not like to waste time nor will he sugarcoat anything, but he is in no way impatient or intolerant. Interestingly, when I asked my postpartum nurses who they would choose if they were giving birth, they all said Dr. Nomeland. That says a lot. In sum, for those who like an experienced, no-nonsense physician (with a wicked dry sense of humor), there is none better.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I saw him for a prenatal visit, and refuse to see him for another. He was rude and condescending. I had already been asked if I wanted to take the flu shot at a previous visit and opted out. When I told him I was not going to get it, he asked if I knew why they suggested we should. I answered, "because your immune system is not as strong during pregnancy." His response? "No, it's so you don't die." Well Dr. Nomeland I am 34 weeks pregnant and have yet to get sick. Aside from the latter he treated me like a child & dismissed any concerns I had. I saw him at 17 weeks 4 days pregnant; he asked if I had felt the baby move. I told him I had for the first time, that morning. "You're not even 18 weeks yet, so it probably wasn't the baby." Yea okay, was that your experience during pregnancy sir?

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Nomeland has been extremely patient, calm and very skilled through a host of medical appointments and a hospitalization. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

i have seen him about 4 times in the past 6 months and i DREAD coming to his office. First off he makes you wait an hour just to see you for 5 minutes, he is rude and makes you feel like your wasting his time, he doesn't like to answer your questions or help you figure out solutions to your problems. He is very unfriendly and as a OB doctor he has no sincerity for women and there needs or problems. He will not recommend any tests being done for answers but will PUSH having procedures done again without explaining reasons. i would not recommend him to ANYONE. i made the nurse put in my chart that i will not see him or be in contact with him any longer.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

RUDE AND CUT ME OFF. Did not allow me to have an opinion or say in my healthcare. I have been a critical care nurse 16 years, I am not totally ignorant. Did not seem to care about my concerns.i did not feel I was getting individualized care or respect as his client.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

I have seen many gynecologist, but this one actually helped me in determining my problem! For what I am very greatful to him! He didn't rush and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

He is very good at what he does, is very knowledgeable, and helped to solve my issue with the least amount of issues and recovery time. He took the time to understand my situation and the procedure was the best choice for me. I'm really glad that he took care of it for me. I don't usually go to male doctors, but he made me feel comfortable as well. Dr. Nomeland doesn't spend unneeded time in exams, but also explained thing so I could understand and made sure all my questions were answered.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

Didn't listen to my issues. I have PCOS and he didn't know very much about it and didn't seem to care about my concerns and fears.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

I went to see him for infertility. He showed no interest in me as a patient. Was curt and rude. Insensitive and did not listen to my concerns. Pointed me in the most invasive and expensive procedure w/o having other options ruled out.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

The first time I scheduled an appointment with him, he was running 1 hr late. Had to make another appointment. I felt a little rushed and his answers to some of my questions were a little curt.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

Dr. David Lee Nomeland's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Barbara, CA