Ratings for Dr. William W. Winternitz

My son suffered a Class 5 shoulder separation snowboarding and Dr. Winternitz did an excellent job in repairing the damage and working with my son's college class schedule. Thank you, Dr. Winternitz and staff!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I ski, surf, bike and and do regular excercise. Last year without history, my Meniscus wore out. An arthroscopic procedure did not help and I suddenly was a candidate for a partial or full replacement which would eliminate skiing. I went to many top Surgeons including the Andrews Clinic. I learned of an alternative procedure, a High Tibial Osteotomy. Dr. Winternitz diagnosis presented thus option. My surgery and consequential recovery have gone extremely well. I have surfed and skied. Nine months post surgery, My experience with Dr. Winternitz has been excellent and I give my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

12 years I have been suffering with knee problems (im only 29) and with in a five minute exam, he knew EXACTLY what my problem was and how to help it! I was shocked at what a simple fix it was and I couldn't believe none of the other doctors who I had visited seemed to know about it. They all ordered regular xrays that showed nothing. Dr Winternitz ordered specialty views, had me do squats in the room, and moved my knees in all different directions. No one else was as hands on and now I have an answer for my clicking, and grinding, painful and sometimes swollen knees! All other docs made me feel like I was complaining for no reason but Dr Winternitz never made me feel like I wasn't being validated. I can now once again enjoy my active lifestyle of hiking and weight lifting. He shares his knowledge and has a fun personality lol

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I went to see Dr. Winternitz for shoulder issues resulting from multiple dislocations while surfing. I have thought for years that I had damaged it to where it could dislocate at any time. I reduced my activities and lived with it for years. After discussing options we decided to do surgery and began the tests. Through those results and a follow-up exam, the doctor believed that my problem was not as bad as we thought. We revised the surgery plan and went ahead. Excellent care at Pomerado Hospital in Poway and a very successful surgery by Dr. Winternitz! I did not need a reconstruction as we originally thought just a cleaning of debris form the shoulder socket. I was home the same day and had very minor pain, almost none. I was doing routine things around the house in no time and back riding motorcycles in less than two weeks. For my follow-up appointment I confused the days and showed up on the doctor's day off. He happened to be in the office and saw me anyway! Took the time to go through my after care and clear me to do all activities (within reason). Summary: Excellent diagnosis, surgery and after care. Top notch customer support. You are in great hands with Dr. Winternitz.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I had a totel knee replacement. I am very happy with the results. It has been 1 1/2 years sence it was done and it still works great. Every one there was very professional and kept me informed through out. If you need a great doctor I would recommend him highly. I am having my sholder worked on now and I know he will do a great job on it as well. Thanks to him and his staff

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

Very unprofessional. Doctor did not demonstrate a caring attitude and pontificated on how wonderful he was but stated there was nothingg he could do to help me. i needed to accept the fact that i was aging and thast was causing the problem.

Submitted September 27, 2012

the doctor and his staff were excellent from my first office visit to my final exam. I had a total hip replacement june 6,2011 and today aug 22,2011 I am on my last week of rehap and walking without any pain or problems. The doctor and his staff made me feel like family through out the whole pre and post op episode. My thanks goes out to this amazing physician.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. William W. Winternitz's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Hospitals in Poway, CA