Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey H. SPIEGEL

I made a big mistake coming to this office for Botox ( my usual surgeon was on vacation and a very important family event was coming). Like probably many of you I fell for a accolades for this company I saw on Google. Today is the 20-th day of the procedure I did with Dr. Amir ( the owner). The technique was very unusual-hitting the skin straight vertical without holding the muscle. As a result I still look terribly bruised everywhere, my collar bone still hurts. Is the doctor even acquainted with anatomy?.. People think I was in a horrible car accident. Of course I missed my family event..Naturally I didn't go for a "touch up" ( would you?) Please don't make my mistake and think twice before you trust somebody from internet to inject your face

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

I had two surgeries with Jeffrey Spiegel about 12 years ago. To be honest, he completely botched the first one (I'm not over-exaggerating). My hairline (which I didn't have any problem with before) was made more squared. I still have a noticeable brow on the left side (it comes out more than the right side), he really didn't reduce my brows enough, nor did he lift my eyebrows at all. He made a mess of my nose (yes, I had a big nose to begin with, but he really made it worse and not at all female looking). I specifically asked him if he would do a sliding genioplasty on my chin and he told me 'yes.' He didn't... he just ground the bone a little, and left a lot of flaring on my jawline. He did a fine job with my trach shave. I was already scheduled for a second stage surgery 4 months later and, before then, informed him of the problems. He said he would fix my brow lift, nose and redo my chin (with a sliding genioplasty) and not charge me for his surgeon's fee. The results were slightly (very slightly) improved. My brows were slightly lifted but my hairline was even more receded looking. My nose looked a little better but it was still extremely bulbous on the tip (due to scar tissue from the second surgery, it's gotten even more bulbous looking) and the nostrils were poorly done. What he did to the jaw was hardly noticeable and I had to go to another surgeon to get it done with an actual sliding genioplasty (which Spiegel never did and, I'm convinced, doesn't know how to do). Here's the thing... he talks big, but his skills are limited. If you're already quite passable or borderline, he can make you look better with good results. But he's terrible with rhinoplasties, can't do major jaw reductions and, when I went to him, what he did to the forehead was extremely limited (I think he's since changed his procedure). What he calls being 'subtle' just means that, if you had a strong face, you won't look that good. His before and after photos don't show honest comparisons of his skills. If you need more serious work done, you're best going elsewhere. Obviously, everyone's experience will be highly individualized to what they started with and how your surgeon is on a given day. In my case, I give him a grade of C+ for skill and C- for honesty.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

I had FFS done with Dr. Spiegel 15 years ago, and I am still happy with the result. Every time I look in the mirror I said to my self-money well spend. If you want a surgeon who put safety first and still get good reasult, then he is the one.Thank Dr. spiegel.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

This guy is a complete scam. Complete scam. He tells you what you want to hear.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I'm a physician, and I understand there are many technicality proficient physical that lack the true art of medicine seen especially in plastic surgery. Jeff clearly has both. I have no regrets traveling to Boston to have my FFS. You won't either!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Very good at some procedures, problems with others. Oto doc, good at bone, not as refined when it comes to challenging plastic surgery. Nice, skilled, but not without unpleasant outcomes. How rare they are I don't know. I believe many many patients have had superior experiences with him. If I could do it over I'd let him do the bony surgery but seek a gifted plastic surgeon for the tissue work.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

When I started transition at 37, I didn't expect to "pass," despite this being a goal of mine. I just didn’t think it was possible. I had tried everything before making up my mind to come out, and I was really scared for what the future had in store for me. Going in, I promised myself only the best. Whether it was finding a therapist, hair removal, breast augmentation, voice lessons, and especially facial feminization surgery, I didn't want to cut a single corner. For FFS, I was prepared to travel as far as I had to, and I can honestly say that Dr. Spiegel was my #1 choice in the world. That I live in NYC and Dr. Spiegel is in Boston was just a happy coincidence. My decision came down to his experience, reputation, and the aesthetics of all the photos that I managed to find, both on his web site as well as various internet forums. People say that his results are natural, and I’d agree. I had “the works,” including brow reduction, brow lift, hairline advancement, cheek implants, rhinoplasty, lip lift, jaw contouring, chin implant, and trachea reduction. I feel he was thoughtful in his approach to each one. For some of the procedures, like the brow reduction and nose job, he was aggressive. For a few of the others, like the lip lift, the results are more subtle, but I have naturally full lips so that makes sense to me. Overall, I’d say that he played to my strengths. The first few days of recovery were an absolute nightmare. About two weeks later, despite being nowhere near healed, I started to venture out. People had no idea I was trans. This was an absolute miracle to me. I was so accustomed to my dreams not coming true, but suddenly it was “ma’am” and “miss” everywhere I went! Gradually, as my new face came into focus, I began to like what I saw in the mirror. I still have plenty of rough days, believe me, but FFS changed my life in ways I truly did not think was possible. Going to Dr. Spiegel was the biggest leap of faith I’ve ever taken in my life, and now at age 41, I’m so incomparably happy that I did. I did have a complication with the chin implant, however. It had healed fine at first, but after about a year, the area would swell if I talked or chewed a lot. Eventually, I developed an infection and had to have it removed. Several months later, I developed some scar tissue under the skin and needed an injection. In retrospect, I wouldn’t have opted for the chin implant in the first place. I called and emailed Dr. Spiegel’s office a lot throughout this process, and his staff was with me every step of the way. Their commitment to my recovery, even years after my procedure, speaks volumes. Thank you to Dorit, Kelly, and Katie. You're the best!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

The receptionist-- along with everyone working at the office-- were very friendly, helpful, prompt, and informative. Great environment, really lovely people! Thank you

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

There are no words to describe my gratitude for the procedure Dr. Spiegel provided me. I am fortunate to have him as my physician. He sincerely takes the time to get to know you, while being honest and answering any questions or concerns. Dr. Spiegel did an incredible job and had follow ups with me to make sure I was happy with the results. What a nice feeling to look at myself in the mirror and like what I see. I can not believe I waited 30 years to have this confidence. Thank you Dr. Spiegel!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I have gone to Dr. Spiegel for about a year now and wouldn't even consider going anywhere else!!! I just had my appointment with Dr. Onir and did Botox and fillers. Wow the results are amazing!!! This was not even 24 hours later. Dr Spiegel and Dr. Onir are so kind and caring, They don't rush when they are with you. They take the time to explain and make sure all your questions are answered. They also have a great staff!!!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr. Jeffrey H. SPIEGEL's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1994)