Ratings for Dr. Phyllis E. Shelton

NEVER have I been treated with such disrespect as Dr.Phyllis Shelton at Mission ER.I've worked in healthcare for yrs& was Team Leader of a lg. clinic in MD.Her lack of professionalism astounded me.When blood drawn it gushed over bed,floor& chair.It was somewhat cleaned up,but alot left everywhere.My sheet had blood the size of a dinner plate&no staff cleaned any of it up!OSHA violations everywhere.I got up&changed my own sheets.Dr. came in a white lab coat,looked at the bloody chair&SAT IN IT!She left me 2 1/2 hrs waiting for anti-nausea/pain meds.I assume she thought I was drug seeking.I asked 6 nurses&finally 1 came bk.Urine was dk org/brwn/red showing I wasn't "faking."She intimated I use the ER as my primary care Dr.&sent me home without any advice or ab's!If I ran the ER like my clinic,I'd fire her on the spot.Can't believe she treats pts. with such disrespect.She should've gone into research.Her bedside manner is atrocious!I'd have received better advice from the janitor.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

Dr. Phyllis E. Shelton's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1983)