Ratings for Dr. Arthur Lowy

I choose him as my GP years ago because he was so bright and compassionate. His attitude towards me changed when I went on Medicare. At first, I thought he had a bad day, but he hasn't been kind to me. The last time I saw him, he told me, "this isn't a talking appointment." I think he didn't like hearing that my osteoporosis was caused by my tumors in my parathyroid glands. He never tested the PTH in my blood or, to my knowledge, looked at the calcium levels in my blood. Several years ago, I requested a test of my vitamin D level. I was deficent in D, and this should have raised a red flag for him regarding my osteoporosis. He only reported that I was deficent in D and had osteopenia and later osteoporosis. I am extremely sad and angered by this situation and have found a new GP in addition to an osteoporosis specialist. I may see him for next colonscopy or endoscopy because he is very focused on the digestive system.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

Dr Lowey is great. He spends time with you and talks about all your options. Great doctor

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

Dr. Lowy was great! He took a very thorough history and performed a full physical. He spent almost a half hour with me!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

Dr. Arthur Lowy's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1989)