Ratings for Dr. Dawn J. Fyler

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Fyler. After waiting months for my initial appointment, she asked me a few basic questions (ie - are you homicidal/suicidal?), then dismissively told me that I was "too young" to experience the problem I was having (I'm 30+). She told me to stop the medicine prescribed by my GP (which was working) and prescribed something else. She had zero interest in talking about what was going on with me and I was out of her office is less than 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I would give zero stars if possible. Overmedicated me and never listened - put me on drugs with interactions which caused me a seizure. Then tried to prescribe another drug that causes seizures. Released me for "not complying" with my care - after she attempted to force me to take drugs that were known to cause seizures. Very dismissive of my concerns and very rude. She also shared my medical info with other doctors in the practice so they could all bully me into taking a certain drug. Do not see this "doctor"

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Great doctor. Her diagnoses was accurate. I feel much better now

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I only saw her once for 40 minutes. She diagnosed me and acted like there was only one possible med to help me. I expressed concern because it has a potentially fatal side effect. She dismissed my concern and I was kind of stuck with her because of my insurance. I called her office when I became more concerned about other potential side effects (blindness, deafness) and she had her nurse call me and say either I took the med or find a new psychiatrist. So I took it. After 3 days of migraines, severe itching and swollen red, burning eyes, I called the office back. No one called me regarding the side effects and I waited over 24 hours. I called them back and again, only the nurse would talk to me and she basically said Dr Fyler said to stop med, but made a comment that was dismissive. I called my GP and when she heard the symptoms, she had me come in right then! I am paying oop now but seeing a Dr that isn't a dismissive, uncaring bully.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr. Fyler is nice enough and diagnosed me accurately however three times now when I've gone to get a refill on my prescription, the pharmacy has had to call, fax, leave messages etc. with no response. This latest time I found out that, after 2 weeks without meds to keep me mentally stable (because of her delay), she is refusing to refill the drug I've been on for nearly a year because I haven't been in to see her in 4 months. No one contacted me to tell me this or responded to my pharmacy.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Dr. Dawn J. Fyler's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1993)

GHI