Ratings for Dr. Steven B. Gallup

I went to see Dr Gallup with a severe soar throat...wasn't sure if I had strep or just a bad viral infection. I was in severe pain and could barely swallow...when I went into to see him the nurse came in first...she said my throat looked really red and she was going to do a swab to check for strep...I did the swab myself so not sure if it was done acurately. A few minutes later Dr Gallup came in...he didn't looked concerned at all about how I was feeling...took a flashlight told me to say ahhhh and concluded that my throat looked totally normal...?????...I had previously looked at my throat before I left the house...I had white patches and red veiny lines it was gross...I asked him to check again.."do you not see this big white patch right here on my throat"...he went with his previous answer and said no that looks normal....he then asked if I would like to see an ENT ear nose throat if I disagree with him....he had no concern for the pain I was in and was very smug....I left his office stating he was no longer my doctor...I called my gynecologist who also does primary care...she got me in the same day that afternoon ...diagnosed me with strep throat and got penicillin and pain medication...Dr Gallup is a joke and I'm not sure how he treats his other patients but I will never step foot in his office again....the only credit I can give him is hiring a caring and friendly staff

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Gallup appeared to be asleep or something because he is so uninterested in patient concerns. Plus, his office kept over billing me and my insurance company so I found another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I've seen Dr. Gallup many times. Every time, he asks me about my medical past (even though he's looking at my records), he makes me feel unsure about his knowledge and I find myself defending my reason for appointment. Also, I have to state WHY I need to see him and only one symptom is allowed at the time. When I was younger without possible health concerns he'd be good. But I'm older now and need someone (doctor wise) that cares.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I was a new patient, they canceled my first appointment and rescheduled. I brought my latest medical records, began asking Dr. Gallup questions and he said my time was up. He did no family history on me whatsoever or even ask questions.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Dr. Gallups staff are very professional and personable. They always make me feel like a valued patient.Dr. Gallup is an excellant physcian.He is thourgh knowledgable, always takes the time to answer questions that you may have and dosent rush you . He reminds me of the old fashion family doctors I grew up going to, a very nice change after going to doctors over the last few years who made you feel like you were wasting their time.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012

Nice office .. wonderful staff, Dr.Gallup is a wonderful doctor

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Dr. Steven B. Gallup's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Holly Springs, NC