Ratings for Dr. Ahan Newman

My son saw Dr. Newman many times over years. We outlined the problems over and over. The last time we were in Sam had lost 8 of his 120 pounds in one month. Dr. Newman told Sam that "eating was a choice". He ran blood results which came back abnormal but he didn't address it, he had his assistant call to say they were normal. All the time and money we spent on repeated appointments, the undercurrent of judgment was the elephant in the room because he decided there was nothing wrong. Then Sam went to a neurologist and was finally diagnosed with Development Coordination Disorder/Sensory Integration Disorder which explains every thing right down to his sleep cycle disorder. Dr. Newman is great if you have cancer or something obvious. He's great if you have the flu or a cold. Well dressed, nice as he could be unless you bother him too much or demand a better answer. Then he will fire you like he did us. Booted us right out without notice. Took me two phone calls to receive a letter explaining why. And yes, I found the neurologist all on my own. He did NOT refer us.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

Dr Newman was such a charming, friendly, knowledgeable professional. They hardly come like that anymore.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

Dr. Newman showed such knowledge and concern. His concern and warmth is difficult to find among doctors these days.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008

Don't even know where to start. Dr. Newman is one of the best doctors I know. He is professional, caring, calm, etc. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2007

This young physician is the best! He is articulate, polite and knowledgable. I was so impressed with the care we received, I asked him where he went to school. He shyly told me Harvard, Stanford, and residency at Harvard. We need more doctors like Dr. Newman. If you take your child to Pacific Medical Center, you will be a lucky parent if Dr. Newman is on duty.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2006

Dr. Ahan Newman's Credentials

• Stanford Univ Sch Of Med, Stanford Ca 94305 (Grad. 1999)

AARP