Ratings for Dr. Michael Spiegel

Very, very arrogant and dismissive. Prescribed medication worng and made me quite ill. I also found him insulting.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I've been seeing Dr Spiegel for years. Was pushed through several doctors for a year until he was recommended to me and listened to my symptoms, diagnosed the illness from tests and we came up with a treatment plan. We went through several meds until we found one that didn't give me side effects. Advised physical therapy that I could do at home which helps tremendously. Now I'm just on annual follow ups. So thankful I found him years ago!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Can be very pleasant or extremely rude. Moody, pompous, immature. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Speigel was very arrogant , rude and insensitive when I saw him. Then he prescribed a medication wrong and I became sick for a week because of it. I called him to tell him what happened to me when I took the medication as he prescribed it and then went to my next appointment. The first thing he said to me was "Did you try the......(name of the medication he prescribed incorrectly)?" I could not believe it. I called and told him what happened and he didn't wrote it down (obviously to protect himself) and forgot what reaction he caused in me--making me sick. Will never return.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Dr. Speigel, while thorough on my first visit, did not disclose a full diagnosis. I learned of my diagnosis through another source. Dr. Speigel did not outline a plan for me, did not advise me, did not provide a way to be proactive in my health. During follow up phone calls, Dr. Speigel was abrupt and rude. I complained to his administrator, who, after consulting with the provider, completely disregarded my concerns. I Will NEVER RETURN TO DANBURY ORTHOPEDICS, NOR WILL I RECOMMEND THIS PRACTICE TO ANYONE WHO IS SEEKING CARE, COMPASSION AND EMPATHY. DO NOT GO TO DANBURY ORTHOPEDICS. FIND A PROVIDER SOME WHERE ELSE!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

We have a secondary ins. that is why we paid $0. My husband and I have appreciated his efforts for years. He always responds to our calls and will give you as much time as necessary to complete the visit. He has a wonderful sense of humor and a caring way. He always has a smile and a warm greeting.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Dr. Spiegel and his PA Richard Pope are the first practice to listen to my symptoms, evaluate carefully and recommend treatment that has changed my life. I am grateful to have found him after many years of being pushed through the system with no outcome of significance. He cares, he listens, he considers my questions and is encouraging. He is a fantastic doctor and his staff are very helpful too.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

Not exactly "warm and fuzzy". Your thoughts and ideas are NOT accepted..His answer to any question is "I'm the doctor, I'll do the thinking"...My guess is that he thinks MD is the same as GOD..not so much.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

I left Dr. Spiegel for another Rheumatologist because I did not feel comfortable with his diagnosis, his prescribing more medications on every visit, his prognosis, his lack of eye contact and overall disinterest in my questions. Presently, I am on only 2 Aleve per day and doing so well. He wanted me to go on "DISABILITY" and begin taking "ENBREL" My intuition was telling me this was not meant for me. I am so grateful to my present MD. Where would I be now if I had followed his advice?

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

very helpful and explains things in way you can understand

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

Dr. Michael Spiegel's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Danbury, CT