Ratings for Dr. David R. Hootnick

30 years ago I severely fractured my right index finger playing football. I went to see this incompetent Dr. HOOTNICK. He was so distracted by the nurse and he spent most of the time openly flirting with her. He took one look at my horribley swollen finger and proceed to squeeze a splint on it. It was so tight and painful that I took it off as soon as I got home and made my own splint. Unfortunately my finger healed in a very twisted way. I went to another Dr and he told me that my finger should have been operated on and reset. He asked me who the Dr was that first saw me and when I told him he just shook his head saying that man shouldn't be treating anyone. Stay away from this butcher

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I was in a car accident as a young teen an told I was never going to walk again, but I do! Just fine I might add however after having two beautiful children at the age of 29 I have a hip joint impingement an literally a few loose screws. All the dr had to say was he would list me as disabled ( at 29!) or he wouldn't take me as a client. I just can not believe people still are referred to him he has no interest in helping anyone at least not me, on a road to recovery or health. I am very dissapointed that "do no harm" has seemingly boiled down to "do nothing at all" if you find yourself with a referral to Liverpool I strongly urge you to seek out an SOS Dr. At wide waters and save your self the time and respect you won't find any of it there at mr hootnicks ...

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

In my opinion this doctor is no longer interested in being an orthopedic surgeon. Sadly I permitted him to do two joint replacements and another joint surgery. He was completely uncaring, the surgeries could have gone better with better results and I'd never go back to him.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

When I first saw him he was supposed to tell me I needed surgery. Instead he told me to stay out of work for a month. That was all he said about that. Didn't do my bills any favors. I went back to work in horrible pain for three more months before I went back again to set things straight. Went in to have a piece of broken thigh bone hung up in my knee area removed and damage cleaned. He cleaned out the torn cartilage and left an inch and a half in diameter chunk of bone in the knee. That was SPECIFICALLY what he went in there to remove. Repeated surgery two 1/2 weeks later and my leg atrophied to the size of my arm. Took OVER 4 months to recover from something that should have only taken three to six weeks. That was AFTER almost three weeks of not being able to walk from the first surgery. So I couldn't walk right for some fifteen to sixteen WEEKS!!! Physical therapy was no good due to the extended damage of walking around on the busted bone. Hard not to use four letter expletives!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr. David R. Hootnick's Credentials

• Univ Of Vt Coll Of Med, Burlington Vt 05405 (Grad. 1971)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Syracuse, NY