Ratings for Dr. Suresh R. Thani

He just laughs off complaints about the three hour wait to see him, knowing he's considered so good, most will keep coming back. Other than that & his MAJOR flaw of not warning me -- & claiming not to know -- at which age insurance stops covering fertility treatments, knowing I wanted to get pregnant at some point after already starting with him beyond normal childbearing age, my ob/gyn is highly rated. He is one of the first to perform a myomectomy which gives an alternative to hysterectomies for fibroid removal. Because of this, women having such a procedure (& maybe other female issues) can still get pregnant & have far smaller scars. So while I was overjoyed for this same day vs. much more major surgery & its results, the devastating contradiction came a couple of years later when learning I had recently missed the insurance age deadline for my greater goal. To make it even worse, I heard it from a staff member of "another" fertility specialist he referred me to (after he's supposedly one himself) but only after spending hours there getting my hopes up for nothing. That Dr. also claimed he knew nothing about the insurance himself & I would think that would be a requirement for being a fertility specialist to know such a crucial bit of information.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

This is the most best Dr in the whole world I live very far , and I will never change him no matter what

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr Thani delivered my daughter (18 yrs ago). She is a thriving successful young woman. I am now back at Dr Thani to get fibroids removed that he discovered 3 yrs ago. The fibroids increased in number/size. Romella, his assistant, was great. She scheduled me right away to have the abdominal fibroid myomectomy (surgery). He is an expert and I trust God that he will do an excellent job and my uterus will return to good health to conceive again, God willing!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I love Dr thani I would not change him for another he bought my child in this world and I'm for ever grateful.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Great dr very helpful I've been s patient over 26 years

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

The wait is very long. The follow-up care is nonexistent. I know he is good but the process blows. No return calls or the time to speak with him.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I have been going to Dr Thani for some years... He is an excellent Dr. His bedside manner is awesome. There is a wait time when you go to his office; it could be because of his expertise.. Although you may wait when you go to the appointment, it is worth it; knowing that he is a Dr that cares....He doesn't deliver babies anymore, but he continues work as a surgeon. I've been told on multiple occasions that I would have to have a hysterectomy, and Dr Thani was able to remove the fibroid tumors avoiding the removal of my uterus.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

Dr. Thani is a great and excellent doctor. His office wait is long but his knowledge and patience with u is priceless. He doesn't deliver babies anymore but I wish he did cause he would of been the doctor to deliver my daughters. I was told I couldn't have kids but he worked with me and help treat me to have kids. I will definitely recommend Dr. Thani to anyone. Excellent Doctor always.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Very Caring, Very informative, understanding willing to listen and also willing to give his own opinion and suggestions...Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I went to Dr. Thani as a recommendation from my mother. I've had several appointments within the past few months as I am 15 weeks pregnant. Dr. Thani's staff is rude and very unorganized. The wait time is just plain ridiculous (about 3 hours), just to be seen for 5 minutes. Dr. Thani's bedside manners are the absolute worst. He doesn't seem to care about any questions that you may have at all. He rushes his patients so that he can go to the next one. He did not even perform the routine tests that are to be completed during the first trimester of pregnancy. I think he just doesn't care because he no longer delivers babies. I really tried to give him multiple chances to change my outlook, however every office visit and exam just seemed to be worse and worse. I'm currently in the process of finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr. Suresh R. Thani's Credentials

• Univ Of West Indies, Fac Med Sci, Kingston, Jamaica (950-01 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1977)

Amerigroup