Ratings for Dr. Joseph P. Talcott

Couldnt agree more..Dr. Talcott thought he was funny, but I didn't find his treatment of me very funny at all. He took his time coming in to see me while laughing it up in the hallway and when he finally got to me his comments were offensive to say the least. If you want to leave feeling good about yourself I would NOT recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

My experience with dr. Talcott was definitely the worst one I imagined was possible. My son was born with a very severe heart defect and has so far underwent four open-heart surgeries in two years and has to continue to have them until he is done growing. He knew my baby wasn't gaining a lot of weight in my womb . The last 3 months of my pregnancy I had stress test three times a week and an ultrasound every single Thursday. He decided to induce delivery two weeks before my due date. After 26 hours I could not even be dilated to a one, and he wanted to continue for me to be induced and deliver naturally. I demanded a C-section for I could no longer take the pain and couldn't even be dilated to a one. He highly disagreed with my decision and dicked around and waited another two hours before he agreed to give me a C-section. When they opened me up and delivered my son he was pure blue and they immediately flew him to Ann Arbor. It turns out he has a very severe heart defect called pulmonary atresia with tetralogy of fallot and the chance of him surviving were not very high. Doctors at U of M were in disbelief that this heart murmur was not caught! Especially with stress test being done 3 times a week and ultrasound done once a week. It would have been hard on me and stressful to know my son that was about to be born would be born with the heart defect but at the same time the medical field would have been prepared for it. He is definitely not recommended by me to anyone! Expecially when I was told by doctors if he kept inducing me the stress on my unborn son would had been too much and he would not have made it so it was a good thing I did demand a C-section.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

He delivered all 2 of my boys. I love his enthusiasm and his honesty. He is the very best.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I would definitely recommend Dr Talcott to anyone. This was my first pregnancy and he made me feel so comfortable. He has a great sense of humor but very helpful at the same time. I had to have a c section and he did a spectacular job. My scar is very small and healed up wonderfully. I will never go to a different doctor.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I truly enjoyed my visits with both Dr. Talcott and his nurse. Front staff I could go either way on depending on the occasion. Dr. Talcott has a dry and abrupt sense of humor, one I thoroughly enjoy and that makes me feel comfortable. If you're overly sensitive or tend towards prudishness, find someone else. His exams on my lady bits were so natural i couldn't believe how comfortable i was. ..i expected to feel embarrassed and or awkward. I recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Talcott is perfect! He has a great sense of humor along with the knowledge us women are all there to contain. He is nice and makes you feel comfortable no matter what the situation is down south!! I recommend anyone who is in need of an ob/gyn. He has delivered both of my children and if I decide to have more he will deliver them as well! :)

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Dr. Talcott was my doctor through a high risk pregnancy because of my exceptionally high blood pressure. While he was frank, which was scary at times, I wouldn't have traded him for another doctor no matter what. He got the job done and delivered a healthy beautiful girl by way of C-Section. He can be abrupt at times and sometimes seem crass but it was always for my own good. He took both my own life and my unborn daughter's very seriously at all times. My daughter will be 2 this weekend, and again - I highly recommend this doctor to anyone, especially those in a riskier situation with their pregnancy. Jessica Dulin

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

Dr. Talcott is the best Dr. I've ever had. He is hilarious and loves to joke around. But when it comes down to it, he answered all my questions, thought of all my concerns, gave me all my options, and didn't pressure me to do anything I didn't want to do. I did not get an epidural, nor did he pressure me to get one. He is very personal and made me feel like my baby and I were important to him. He'd write all of his medical terms that he used that sounded serious down for me so I could google them so see for my self how things were. He also insurted my IUD after having my son. I was terrified to do that but he explained everything to me and made me feel comfortable. He is very humorous, so if you are looking for seriousness all the time, he is not your doctor. Personally, I like being able to laugh and joke. It makes me feel more comfortable in a place like a dr office which is normally so awkward and uncomfortable to begin with.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Dr. Talcott is a wonderful OBGYN and he delivered both my boys. An he saved me with the second child, which I was bleeding out. I would highly recomment him to anyone. Word to the wise though, he likes to joke around, with insults sometimes, but it is in all good fun.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

Dr. Talcott was wonderful. He yook his time to explain everything to me and answer my questions. He is the best obgyn i have ever had.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Joseph P. Talcott's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1987)