Ratings for Dr. Sherif G. Awadalla

I share my experience to hopefully educate others on their journey and keep them from the same mistake and heartache. We had a number of issues, but the most relevant I’d like to share to others who are seeking a clinic for IVF, I strongly do NOT recommend IRH. They called and said we had only 1 embryo, and then an hour later another nurse called and said, “We made a mistake, you have 2.” This started our major distrust. A year later we moved clinics. We shipped our embryos and were called by our new clinic to come in for a meeting. They informed us that IRH made a mistake and shipped the wrong embryos! Luckily our new clinic caught it before they were used. We sent certified letters and voicemails to IRH asking to confirm they finally sent our embryos and to confirm how they knew. We also asked if the other family was informed that their embryos were shipped. We did not receive a response to our letter. Nothing. This has been weighing on us, and we hope we have our embryos safe now, but worry. We hope they would learn from this HUGE mistake before a child is born to the wrong family, and we hope you will research better clinics to entrust in your journey.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2019

I am so glad my husband and I decided on IRH. All of the doctors at Institute for Reproductive Health (IRH) are amazing, along with their staff. After multiple miss-carriages we decided to go to IRH and we could have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. During my time with them, I had to have emergency surgery. The care the office along with Dr Scheiber and Dr Awadalla (who did my surgery on his vacation) was amazing. I never once was worried, and felt very well taken care of. We recently found out we are pregnant and were released back to our regular OBGYN. As much as I enjoy having a physician in town, I will miss their care and support through our journey. I cannot say enough wonderful things about about their practice, and eternally grateful for their help and support.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2019

Went to Awadalla over a year- no baby. He kept doing the same treatment plan. He was happy to take our money every month but I had to recommend tests, etc. I ended up leaving after seeing him with no results and got pregnant the FIRST month at the new doctor who actually cared for and took time with me. Dr. A treats patients as a number and is out to take money. He shows no compassion or care for what he does, just comes in the room for 3 minutes or so and sends ya on your way. I would NOT recommend him or IRH to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

He is one of the best. Knowledge is excellent. He has a great passion for what he does. I would not have a family if not for him. I tried for 8 years and now have a very wonderful family. The staff is great as well.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. A. has the best bedside manner I've ever seen in the medical field. He has a lot of experience and is passionate for what he does. I have full faith in trust in him and would recommend him in a heartbeat. I've gone to the IRH group for over 4 years, and now pregnant with my third because of them.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Awadalla is fantastic. Very easy to talk to and takes his time with patients. He was able to get us pregnant after a full year filled with IUI and IVF procedures and I am very thankful for that. After returning to the practice three years later for a FET I was really shocked at how robotic the nursing staff had become. Not very friendly, and always seemed rushed when I called with questions. We were also disappointed and feel that the information given about the total cost of FET was misleading. We were told $3600+ the cost of meds and were told that would be $500-$700. The actual cost for meds was almost $800 for a 22/23 day supply. So the actual cost is more than double what they quoted. It would have been nice to know this ahead of time.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I knew this was the right place as soon as we stepped foot in the office. We have our miracle baby because of awadallah and staff!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I'm very surprised by the comments that state that Dr Awadalla pushes you to IVF to make money. My husband and I were frustrated from years of trying and actually wanted to go straight to IVF. Dr Awadalla persuaded us to give less invasive procedures a chance. I felt like it was wasting tine, but trusted his expertise. We ended up pregnant in 3 months. As for just being a number, I completely disagree. I just went back to see him and he remembered several personal details about both me and my husband. He also remember my baby's name from the Christmas card we sent and greeted my son by name. I think the negative comments are from people who were unsuccessful at conceiving, which is understandable. Dr Awadalla is a very knowledgeable doctor who will definitely improve your chances of conceiving.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I've been seeing him for a while (we took a break from trying for a while), he is fantastic! I have cried in his office, laughed, been confused, frustrated and he is always comforting and understanding and takes time to explain everything. His positivity keeps me positive which in turns will make us successful at getting pregnant. I was misdiagnosed for 6 years prior to seeing him and within a month I was on the right track and got my periods back! Now we are working on making those go away again but this time with something to show for it! I feel so blessed to have him as my Dr., so many friends have gotten pregnant through him, he may have populated a 1/3 of the Greater Cincinnati area :-) Bottom Line: knowlegable, up to date on latest fertility issues/treatments, proven success rate (I can see baby pics on fb to prove he makes its happen haha!) And overall the best disposition anyone.could ask for. Can you imagine having.to deal with all of us emotional baby fever women! :-)

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I wanted to comment after reading some of the other reviews. I also had an HSG test done and he went over the results, at the actual test itself. He also called me a week later to check up on everything. I was not a traditional fertility patient, meaning he was trying to find the cause of second trimester loss. He was very helpful and trying to think of every way to help before putting me through IUI or IVF. We did conceive two months after the HSG test and went on to have a perfect pregnancy while taking metformin. That was his only suggestion to why I lost the other pregnancy. I'm not sure we needed his services, but he was extremely comforting and very knowledgable. If we are to have any issues in the future, or know of anyone who does, I would highly recommend him. The only issue I had, was with his staff. They were terrible at calling me back about test results to a chemical pregnancy. However, if you call and ask for the office manager, Peggy, she will get everything sorted out ASAP!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Sherif G. Awadalla's Credentials

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med, Cincinnati Oh 45267 (Grad. 1981)

GHI