Ratings for Dr. Susan S. Courtney

She was very professional and took time to answer all my questions. She sent me to a specialist who took care of my problem. I would highly recommend her is you want someone who gives you a complete exam and cares about you.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Has no idea what she's doing. She almost got me killed by not helping me to refill my prescriptions. I waited in a gown for an hour before anyone came in. She pretty much interrogated me and I've had to have the office resend referrals multiple times. They randomly sent me a nasal steroid and a muscle relaxer. They decided to refill 1 of my prescriptions and got the dosage off. The only nice people there are the techs and the receptionist. Don't see this doctor. Save yourself the headache.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Avoid this doctor at all cost! She is argumentative and will not listen to the patient or allow the patient to be involved in their own treatment at all. Will not listen to the patients concerns over multiple visits and then will blame the patient for not following the treatment plans even though they are not working. Just wants to up the amounts of non-working prescriptions to help the patient. Told me that I would never be pain free again and could only take 4 Tylenol after major knee surgery for pain management. She should have her license revoked and investigated by the AZ dept of medicine for malpractice.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I brought my husband to see her and hopefully to get his meds that he has been on for a very long time..She changed his med without talking to him first..She refused to look at my husbands medical records..He had a ruputured ceberal anuesym over 20 yrs now..She took xrays of his hand neck,and chests...I dont know why,but I will be filling a report to the az medical board..If any one really need a doctor would be her...Did she really good to medical school?????.Just 1 more note the medical assistance could not upload a computer,nor could she say the word "aneurysm

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

I've been going to Courtney Medical Group for almost 2 years now. I saw Dr. Marsh once and was not impressed. He may be a nice guy but all he did was complain about personal stuff. I was there for a visit not for a rap session with someone I didn't even know. The other times I saw Dr. Courtney and she was pleasant, kind, thorough. I learned more about my health in one visit with her then I learned my whole life. The new office staff is great, they are friendly, caring and always helpful. My last physician would have me waiting in his waiting room for hours before I even got to go in the back and his 1 front office person was always miserable and busy. Waiting for maybe 5 mins past my appointment time is nothing compared to other offices. I heard from other patients that things are a lot nicer then they were years ago. I'm on pain medication and anxiety medication and unfortunately the law stipulates that certain medication can only be given for 30 days at a time. This is what I've been told by my doctor and by my pharmacy. With all the health care changes going on there are many things that are out of the doctor's control and they have to follow rules too. I would highly recommend this office to anyone who needs good solid medical care.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

My patient fired her today. She disrespected the patient and his nurse case manager. I wish I had read these comments prior to scheduling my patient with her. She was rude, arrogant, and does not listen to her patient's or their needs. I have worked with some very awful physicians but she takes the cake. Lack of professionalism and no bed side manner. If you want a physician that is "my way or the highway", then have at it! She has a BIG red X on my physician list. Her staff is okay to work with, but they all look like they are afraid of her. Who wants to work in an office like that!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

After almost 6 months of being her patient she still couldn't remember my first name and treated me like it was my first visit. She would ask about an illness I did not have. She would tell me she was going to take care of me today.... kind of eerie. She would send me to a complete work up again! She is absolutely not concerned about the time and expense she is asking of me. I found my previous doctor and I am going back to him. These other comments are unfortunately true!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Her front desk staff are nice and it was always easy to schedule an appointment but it got to the point where she was asking me to follow up but there really wasn't a reason to do so. She is a terrible, uncaring doctor and a pill pusher.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Kicked my wife out of her exam room because my wife called her Susan and not Dr. Courtney.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

This person obviously chose the wrong profession. No care for patients whatsoever. They are all a dollar sign for her. Not an ounce of compassion for her patients at all. I think that all the referrals that she gives her patients sometimes tells me that she really doesn't know what she's doing. She tends to overeffer her patients without a care of the costs she inflicts on them only to cover up her lack of knowledge about what a patient really has. Not to be trusted at all! Maybe she should've been a veterinarian. Just sayin...

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Dr. Susan S. Courtney's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• Aetna - Choice Pos Ii
Healthwise
Mail Handlers
Molina
  • Molina Healthcare
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Select Choice