Ratings for Dr. Vivek Mahendru

I have seen Dr. Mahendru and his staff for several years. I have had a total of six (6) surgeries on my neck and currently working with my third stimulator. I needed to have an injection on my neck (not associated with my previous disc problems). I have had several injections in the past and they have all been very professionally done with Dr. Mahendru performing most of them!! I have to say this recent injection was the most well tuned experience I have EVER had. Again, many thanks Dr. Mahendru and his staff, Dr. Wansom, Omar and ALL of the staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Mahendru and his staff to anyone who wants caring, highly qualified help!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

The whole company is a joke. Made an appointment just to speak to Dr. Mahendru just to be blown off and it be a one way conversation. This practice is awful when it comes to physician. They have no regards to help the patients. Don't go to this clinic cause all they want to do is spinal stimulation. He told me the stimulator would take all my pain away and give me feeling back in my arm and hand. This place is a joke. Run from this place while you can.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Dr Mahendra deserves high praise and respect. I will highly recommend him for his inate ability to make you feel comfortable, heard and treated with dignity. I have been amazed at his quick knowledge of necessary steps to take after a thorough, but quick discussion of your symptoms, suggested treatment and diagnosis. I am amazed at his excellence and the high standards he requires of his staff. Consider him a first option for assisting you with your pain and overall health.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

This doctor & office charges me too much to unfinished procedure , they manipulated Thier charges to UHC. They did not give my refund , instead they charging more money, I will no stop .To give comment to this doctor. And Thier office. I have a lot of friends so this is not the end.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Mahendru is very knowledgeable and skilled BUT the Staff seems to run things. No matter where you live you have to call Austin to get transferred around. Its a 50/50 shot if the person you talk to knows their procedures or transfers the patient to the correct location.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Terrible!!!!! Could care less about you!!! Let me be in terrible pain!!! Had to go to hospital because of him!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

The worst ever medical experience of my life. Money money money.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

The absolute worst medical experience ever encountered. Vindictive doc, practice run by Assistants. Twice escorted to exam room and forgotten, after 1.5 hour wait, i inquired...both times i was 'forgotten', simply overlooked. If you probe/question/disagree with treatment plan you will be fired and thrown out even if you are taking meds that require withdrawal. He performs the expensive 'procedures' and turns his practice over to assistants,very seldom sees patients.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Take the other peoples advice on this Dr. He is awful. I went there for minor pain and came out of that office not being able to move. I was in so much pain and all they offered me was a tylenol. When I went in there I was in minor pain, how does that happen? I'm very very upset with this clinic. They are the pain clinic alright, they CAUSE pain.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

In about a year of seeing Dr. Mahendru, I only saw him 2 or 3 times outside of injection proceedures. Twice, he even changed the proceedure to be performed, within 5 minutes of the injection. After a year of being perscribed Level 2 pain medicine, I was discharged with no warning, and no medication. He is an uncaring, impersonal doctor who does not take the time to get to know his patients well enough to know how to treat their ailments. Got insurance ... forget getting pre-authorization assistance! The staff doesn't even answer the phone, much less return a call. This man does not manage his patients' pain, he causes it!!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Dr. Vivek Mahendru's Credentials

• Dayanand Med Coll, Punjab Univ, Ludhiana, Punjab, India (Grad. 1989)

Ameritas