Ratings for Dr. E Virginia Bayliss

On my first visit she spent a long time listening to me and asking many great questions, so I felt that we were off to a great start. She seemed to understand immediately that I needed a new antidepressant for a specific reason, and she helped with that. I left feeling like I'd been heard and that I had hope. Cut to our subsequent visits which lasted 18 minutes or less and involved very little listening on her part. However she did randomly up the dose on my med and offer to throw in another med. What?!? So if you're looking to score some meds, this might be just the place for you. If you need actual counseling and careful management of your medications, then give this "doctor" a pass.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

She should be sued for malpractice. She is rude, condescending, and just kept upping my meds without ever asking if they were helping. I also got notices for outstanding fees/bills for services never rendered. I held my ground and finally her "help" backed off and stopped harassing me for more money.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Overcharges. Insensitive and vindictive. I would recommend staying as far away from her as possible

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Bayliss has always been professional yet also very caring. My case has been very hard to treat and she has been very encouraging the whole time that she would keep trying to find something that works. She is always prompt, spends more than enough time with me and is great about returning calls. Definitely a doctor to hold on to--

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I trusted Dr Bayliss until I found out that she made a diagnosis and did not share it with me for over 2 years. I found out later through insurance that she made a diagnosis of depression disorder. I went to her and was treated for anxiety. She never mentioned depression to me, and when asked, she could not validate her diagnosis. I think she is unqualified and I will not be returning to her again.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Easy to access and helpful. Seems to know her stuff. Has helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

did not spend enough time getting my history before prescribing multiple medications

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Dr. E Virginia Bayliss's Credentials

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med, Charlottesville Va 22908 (Grad. 1983)

Delta Dental