Ratings for Dr. Nikhil L. SHAH

I had a full robotic removal of the prostate on 8-28-2014. Prior to the surgery I had met with Dr Shah several times and had all my concerns and questions answered in the most eye to eye level. Dr Shah is a very skilled surgeon and above all a warm human being. A "Mench". He has done everything possible to make this surgery a full success with the most minimal after effects. I had no leaking problems what so ever. The healing went smoothly and after 2 weeks I felt the same as before the surgery. If not for wife - who reminded me to take it easy and to watch myself - I could have resumed all my activities. After 7 weeks my PSA has shown less than 0.1 and once I had the follow up with Dr Shah - I was assured of what has been done and how to continue to make my healing a complete success. I can not stop praising Dr Shah for his wide holistic approach; his assistant Nurse - Leena John - and others in his office - of being caring; responsive and making everything to get me back to normal life. I'm 68 years old and I'm sure this surgery added many years to my life. And all of it - thanks to the Dr. Shah whom I consider an angel. I will be happy to share my experience if you need assurance. Call me at (678) 744-8118

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I had Robotic surgery on 11-4-2008 for prostate cancer. The surgery went well and now 5 years later I continue to be cancer free and doing great thanks to Dr. Shah. He has the best bedside manner of any physician I have been treated by period. I found he and his staff to be always professional and prompt.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Although his performance as a surgeon is excellent, I have a staph or MRSA from a contaminated suture that I have had to deal with for several months on antibiotics and am going to have another surgery to remedy this infection. After reporting this infection to Dr. Shah, he placed me on the wrong antibiotic for this type of infection and did not follow up to determine my status. My local doctor placed me on the right antibiotic and performed the correct procedures towards keeping the infection from growing. If Dr. Shah had placed me on the correct antibiotic and had made the time for me to see him at that time, I would have avoided several months of discomfort from this infection and the related medical cost to treat and eliminate it. Dr. Shah runs a high volume robotic prostate surgery practice, so do not any high expectations on dealing with any post surgery problems. I would have never expected such poor post surgery performance since he has performed this same surgery on thousands of other men.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

Great bedside manner.I had prostate cancer.He removed it and I am doing great.I was 65 and returned to work promptly.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

Dr. Nikhil L. SHAH's Credentials

• Hindi

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1997)