Ratings for Dr. Victor N. Meltzer

Dr is very knowledgable but wait times are absolutely awful. Waited 2 hours to see the doctor, have been waiting over a week to get results back - no one is returning my calls after I've made 3 (I was told the dr does have the results). The office staff is unfriendly. I was impressed with how much time Dr. Meltzer spent during the appts and how genuine he was. He listened and asked multiple questions then came up with a plan...not just, here's a pill, try it and come back in a month. He was able to come up with ideas when 3 other doctors dismissed me.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

I had been seeing Dr. Meltzer for 4 years with good care until I had a kidney stone. He sent me for a CT Scan and yes, I had a 1.8 mm stone that he said would pass on it's own. I then asked for some pain medication to tolerate the pain while passing this stone. (I've had a stone before and was in the ER getting IV pain meds the pain was so bad). He refused to write me a prescription!! Told me I needed to get that medication from my Primary Doctor! Seemed very fishy to me and although I begged his nurse to ask on mulitiple occasions- his answer was no! I did see my PCP-she knew my history with stones and gave me pain meds to get through the ordeal. Right after I passed the stone- I called Dr. Meltzer's office and requested my records! There was no way I would stay with a Dr. that didn't CARE for me correctly when I was in extreme pain. He knows his stuff...but his bedside manner in a time of pain and crisis was enough to send me to another Dr- a true caring professional!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

The best in there is. Dr Meltzer will take the time to help you help yourself.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

I had a Kidney transplant in May, 1995. I first met Dr. Meltzer when my Kidneys started to failed in June 2002. I have been following up with him ever since. He is wonderful. He is great with talking to a normal persons level to explain the things you need to know. He takes lots of time to help and answer all of your questions. This means sometimes it may be a little longer to see him when you have an appointment...but I feel it is worth it. I love Dr. Meltzer. I think you will too! Brandon

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

Dr. Victor N. Meltzer's Credentials

• Spanish

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Bedford, TX