Ratings for Dr. Ronald G. Dewitt

I would like to warn any patients of Dr Ronald DeWitt. Dr DeWitt now belongs to the Baylor, Scott & White group. Apparently this means that you will pay anywhere from 4 to 10 times more for routine office visits and lab work. Normally an office visit & lab work would cost about $300(my share: $25 office visit copay plus about $20-30 portion of the lab.) When I received my bill it totaled $1800 with my share being $400. ANYONE WHO VISITED DR DEWITT BEFORE HE JOINED BAYLOR NEEDS TO BEWARE. Over the past 10+ years of seeing Dr DeWitt they always sent my lab work to Clinical Path Labs. Apparently, Baylor Scott & White has their own lab...THAT CHARGES ANYWHERE FROM 4-10 TIMES MORE THAN CLINICAL PATH!! I have told the office manager, Mr Nguyen, that they need to inform all of their patients where their lab work will be sent and that they can expect their bill to be anywhere from 4 to 10 times higher than before. ALSO: apparently instead of making your usual office visit copay, Baylor bills it as if you were an outpatient at their hospital so co pays no longer apply--it goes towards your deductible instead so you are responsible for the whole thing. They are allowed to bill it as if you were an outpatient at the hospital (even though you did not step foot in the hospital). I have told the office staff and manager that they need to inform Dr DeWitt's old patients that their bill will be considerably higher and GIVE THEM A CHOICE OF WHETHER THEY WANT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (OR IF THEY ARE IN THE OFFICE, THEY CAN CHOOSE WHETHER THEY WANT TO KEEP THE APPOINTMENT). Apparently, they are not doing that...speaks to their lack of honestly. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

The staff is in training and worthless. I had the first appointment of the day and the doctor arrived at the exam room one hour later. They failed to request the proper tests from the lab that would require me to do another fasting lab. This office, now under Scott & White, has gone from marginal to terrible.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Apointments always late. I always have to wait 20 to 50 minutes past my appointment time to see the Dr. He always gives prescriptions with small quantities that require a call to his office for refills (yes even non narcotic minor meds) When you call for a refill you have to wait almost a full day for pharmacy to receive the prescription and no one in his office lets you know that it has been sent. Office staff is a screening tool and not very caring however nurses are friendly.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

Dr. DeWitt is never on time. He is always "in the back". He never authorizes refills on the script itself and the pharmacy has to fax the doc. My last script ended up with nurses calling me with 2 sets of directions. When antibiotics he prescribed for me did not work and I called to come back in, he refused and argued with me, saying I had a cold. My last physical exam took half a day for no reason. I had fasting blood work done. He left at noon for lunch, leaving me there to finish up testing.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

This organization is the worst. The staff is unprofessional and Dr. Dewitt himself talks too much and never gets to the point.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

Doc is one of the greatest family doctors. He has met me at 1 am in the morning to take care of my daughter when she was very sick. This is but one of the many goods he does

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

Dr. DeWitt takes a realistic approach in his medical counseling. He cares about you as a person, not just a body.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009