Ratings for Dr. Edward S. Batista

This person is unprofessional and is harmful to others. Please seek other assistance. It is a waste of your time and money, and can be harmful to you. I had a horrible experience and I don't know if I wll be able to trust another so called doctor again. Check reviews and background before seeing someone.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Dr Batista is talkative, he is brash, he is hard to swallow. My 1st appt he spoke the majority of the session and I said little and I was concerned until near the end of session he described exactly what I was feeling/looking for and I don't know how he got it without much of my input! If you don't like being told about yourself, don't see him! He has no fear in being brutally honest and I appreciated that. He helped me understand some things I never would've considered about myself and as a result, I've moved past a few experiences in my life that deeply held me back. Dr Batista was occasionally dismissive about things I felt were important, but I feel maybe he didn't know how much those issues concerned me. I would recommend him for those who can take a little rough love and are willing to truly look at themselves and grow. It won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile is.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Batista was saught for marriage councelling. When i told him how my husband physically abused me, which my husband did not deny, he dismissed it completely, not offering any councelling to my husband. On our first meeting, he pum po ed my husbands hand for about a minute, recollectng old. Times, and asked me to repeat my first name five times. Dont go.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

I agree. He came off as arrogant , talked over me, was judgmental upon this initial meeting and basically told me that I was to sit down and listen. He even had the nerve to reprimand me, as in " are you going to let me speak " I was shocked. I think he's a misogynist, and burnt out. I would never, ever recommend him. I went for depression related issues, and he was quick to recommend an anti depressant without any further support, or treatment protocol. I have since found a wonderful therapist, and am doing well, but Batista was a setback for me.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

I would NOT recommend going to Dr. Batista. I was wary of meeting with him from our initial phone call; Despite my reservations, I went to the first appt anyway. He talked a majority of the session, a lot about other clients stories which is highly inappropriate. When he did allow me to talk, he seemed judgy and almost laughed at what was troubling me. A counselor is supposed to be non-judgemental, empathetic and understanding. Dr. Batista is none of these! After 2 sessions he shocked me by letting me go. He never ONCE let me even talk about all the reasons I was seeking a counselor and he was dismissing me and so harshly at that.How did he know I was not suicidal?! The counseling from Dr. Batista did more damage to me then it was helpful. Heed my warning and seek another professional. Yes, I said "professional." Because Edward Batista is not one and should have his license revoked.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Was a nice guy but seemed a little quick to judgement/diagnosis on my issues. I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

Dr. Edward S. Batista's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)