Ratings for Dr. Michael Yudez

I went to see Dr Yudez, he forgot to call in the percripsion that I was visiting him to discuss/have prescribed. The staff did not see my appointment on record when I asked why the RX had not been called in, I told them that I was surely there and they could ask the doctor himself, but I ended being hung up on multiple times because the only way they could have known their error was if they new I was there, and only Yudez knew apparently. I got very frustrated by this whole interaction. He could have called it on over the phone, I just wanted to check in with the Doctor. I will never go to this practice again. He didn't even have to do any proper care, just write me the perception which we had discussed, and he failed to do that.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Yudez for 7 years now and he is a wonderful doctor. He takes time to listen to me and I have never felt rushed. He cares about his patients health and well being. He makes sure I understand what is going on with my health and keeps me up to date on any new procedures, medications, diet changes I can make that can help me manage my medical problems. Never has he tried to give me a medication I can't afford or isn't covered by my insurance. I am in shock that someone has left a comment on this site saying that his staff must be writing his positive reviews. That is ridiculous. He is a great doctor and I cannot say enough good things about him. He is responsible for my improved health and I am so grateful to him and his staff for taking such good care of me. One of my problems was the amount of sugar I consumed on a daily basis, once I finally listened to Dr. Yudez and drastically reduced my sugar intake I began to feel better. I had less pain, more energy, I even slept better! Dr. Yudez knows what he is talking about, and I am all the better for having him as my physician.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

No way I would ever see this doctor again. Sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar is responsible for everything bad in the world according to this doctor. From the positive ratings, it appears staff has been advised of this site and are writing reviews. The doctor couldn't even remember the name of the patient. When called by a name not my own, I didn't respond to him. He just didn't get it. If he can't remember a patient name even though their chart is present, how can anyone trust his judgment concerning medicine.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

It's rare to find a family doc with the patience, knowledge, and caring of Dr. Yudez. I've read some of the other comments about Yudez not focusing on the patient, trying to sell a patient expensive medication and whatever else these people have said. Frankly, I don't believe it. Where most family care docs see patients in 7 minutes slots, Dr. Yudez wouldn't think of it. I've always had his full attention each time I'm at East West to see him. He has referred me to an ENT when he knew my ear needed to see a specialist, has referred me to a chiropractor in the clinic to help with my back pain and his number one priority is his patient. It's as simple as that. Not everybody can be happy, so my suggestion is to go somewhere else where you are happy. I will stay at East West under the care of Dr. Michael Yudez.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Dr. Yudez is what I have been searching for in a doctor. He posesses all the positive attributes of an excellent physician. He is willing to listen and explain. I just wished he practiced at hospitals here in the southeast area.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr Yudez takes the time to listen well. My questions are answered and I leave feeling better than ever. My first experience with such a great doctor. Truly worth the long drive for me. Very knowledgable and keeps up on current info.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

I love East West, but would never recommend Dr. Yudez. I have seen him multiple times. He prescribed an incorrect medication one time and manages to turn any of my health complaints into a conversation about the amount of sugar in my diet (I am only 135 lbs, 5'7" and I don't have high blood sugar). My cousin came out of his office with diet pills when she went in for a cold and my sister got a lecture on sugar and weight when she went in for another issue.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

Although it took some time for him to resurface, he has been the type of doctor that I need. He helped save my life a few years ago when all the other professionals were ho hum in treating me. He researched anything we questioned and found the right specialists if he believes you needed another opinion. South metro is where many very good doctors practice, so it is understood why he is where he is. I'll drive the extra 30 minutes to see him anyday!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

D r yudez is very helpful and will listen to you very carefully. I had not had an extensive physical for about 10 years and had lab tests done and found out some helpful and interesting stuff about some problems that I didn;t even know existed. H e explains things fully, and listens to your concerns. With the recent physical experience will be able to make some life style changes that will hopefully be for the better and improve on how I feel. D r YUDEZ is great his patient demeanor is fantastic. Finally Dr YUDEZ IS ONE WHO CARES WILL SEARCH TO FIND ANSWERES AND NOT JUST BLOW YOU OFF. DR YUDEZ IS LIKE A DOCTOR SHOULD BE. So many doctors in todays medical practices have lousy demeanors, could care less, and rush you through your appointment like a heard of cattle resulting in sub standard medical care , which is unacceptable...

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Dr. Yudez is overloaded. He frequently misses appointment times. He has interns/students interview his patients before he does, which doubles the time it takes to have him understand why you are visiting him. When he does finally show up in the room, as others have mentioned, he is distracted, and does not seem to be tuned in to what you really need. He frequently prescribes medications that are expensive and carry unnecessary risks presumably because a drug company rep gave him a coupon, samples, or a convincing sales pitch. He is also likely to refer you to one of the Eastern medicine practitioners in his office (acupuncture / chiropractor) when what you actually need is medical attention. You must protect yourself from improper treatment from all physicians (they're only human), but you must take extra care to question the appropriateness of what Dr. Yudez prescribes. Also, his medical assistant is unpleasant, and often unresponsive.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Michael Yudez's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1983)